Rjhdakota's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 28th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Keep losing 30 second skip

I know this has been asked before and Comcast closes the topic as "answered". The fix is to restart the box. This is an unacceptable answer! I know they can fix it and they need to do so. We have lost the 30 second skip 3 times in the past week. It takes so long to restart the box that we lose portions of programs that are being recorded. Do not give us a feature and then randomly remove it! Please get this fixed ASAP! Before Xfinity I had Dish and their 30 second skip worked perfectly, I might have to go back!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Rjhdakota wrote:

I know this has been asked before and Comcast closes the topic as "answered". The fix is to restart the box. This is an unacceptable answer! I know they can fix it and they need to do so. We have lost the 30 second skip 3 times in the past week. It takes so long to restart the box that we lose portions of programs that are being recorded. Do not give us a feature and then randomly remove it! Please get this fixed ASAP! Before Xfinity I had Dish and their 30 second skip worked perfectly, I might have to go back!

comcast has never acknowledged this 'feature' that seems to only happen anytime (mostly at random) when a new firmware version is installed. It appears that the first reboot 'sometimes' doesn't load the remote's profile so the RF connection is not available until the reboot when the profile/configuration file successfully loads. has been an issue over 2 years now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here