RKF's profile

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

Monday, December 2nd, 2019 8:00 PM

Closed

Jet engine or X1 DVR box?

I have noticed a constant whirring sound from my X1 DVR box for some time.  I have had occassion to relocate the box to a wood surface and the whirring is now amplified to jet engine level of decibels.  I have read on here that it is the internal cooling fan.  How do I get this replaced and ensure the replacement is the latest version?  Corrollary question - any way to resynch the new box to the cloud copies of the recordings so they then reside on the new box?

Thanks in advance.

RK.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Swap it at your local service center for an XG1V4, only the last 60 hours of recordings will be accessible on the replacement

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

4 years ago

Ok, so I swapped out the jet engine for a "new" box.  So, how do I know that I got the V4 box?  This one is still making a fan noise.  Thanks in advance.

RK

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

4 years ago

Well, that ain't what I got.  Basically, I got bamboozled and wasted 30 min waiting for a guy to give me the exact same box I had.  Great!  Now what?

The fan noise is for sure audible and annoying.

RK

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Go back and specifically ask for one if you didn’t, now that you know what one looks like. That would be the quickest

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

4 years ago

I guess I will give the phone method a try and get them to ship me one.  I am not going back to the store and get the run-around again and wait for upwards of 30 minutes only to be told they don't have one or get that isn't the right one.

RK

Silver Problem Solver

• 

11.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hi RKF, thank you for your post and I understand how frustrating it can be to hear the fan when trying to watch TV.  If you still need help swapping out your DVR for the XG1v4, please send me a private message with your full name.

Thank you 

Silver Problem Solver

• 

11.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hi RKF, I haven't heard from you but hopefully you got your DVR replaced.  If you still need assistance please don't hesitate to reach back out and create another post.

Thank you 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here