Community Forum

Intermittent sound

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Intermittent sound

Good news I solved it!!!! If another tv in your home is streaming Netflix or any other app the tv connected to the main box will have intermittent sound....bad news I don’t know how to fix it but I’m reaching out to xfinity here hoping this will alert them to what is causing it and they can fix it
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Intermittent sound

@Banya wrote:
Good news I solved it!!!! If another tv in your home is streaming Netflix or any other app the tv connected to the main box will have intermittent sound....bad news I don’t know how to fix it but I’m reaching out to xfinity here hoping this will alert them to what is causing it and they can fix it

that is not normal.  what is the model number of your main TV's set top box?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

PX001ANM
Highlighted
Expert

@Banya wrote:
PX001ANM

that is the earliest/oldest version of the DVRs (version 1). the XG1v4 is available for same price, has no clock, and is 4k capable. It has HDMI output.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Ok if I switch boxes will I lose my recordings?
Highlighted
Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

@Banya wrote:
PX001ANM

that is the earliest/oldest version of the DVRs (version 1). the XG1v4 is available for same price, has no clock, and is 4k capable. It has HDMI output.

you may. use the Xfinity stream TV app on a smart phone/tablet and view your cloud DVR recordings. those will be available to view on the x1 set top boxes after DVR is swapped out and should be watched oldest to newest recording date as the cloud DVR removes older recordings automatically to make room for new recordings.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thx I have seen on other streams that switching out the boxes hasn’t worked Could it be the internet signal coming into the house ...when I swap the box I will report back on the results