jim_06940's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, January 3rd, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Information on how to pair the LG Magic Remote AN-MR400P with the Comcast X1 TV box

I have an LG47LA6200 TV set and an X1 TV Box

Serial #: PAK800512061,

I have not been able to pair the LG Magic Remote AN MR400P with the Comcast X1 TV box.

Can anyone provide instructions on how to do this as the TV asks for the name of the set top box manufacturer?  None of the available manufacturers on the menu list work.

In the past, the Pace set top boxes paired rather easily.  The X1 box does not.

Thank for any assistance.

Jim

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

@RobertWy wrote: ... You might try this: https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes ...

That might help if the poster was asking about controlling their TV with their Comcast remote, but they're not. They're asking how to control their X1 cable box with an LG TV remote.

The "remotes" support page won't help with that.

The OP might check out https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/LG-magic-remote-pairing-to-xg1-a/m-p/2872821#M124098 and the messages following that one.

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

BruceW,

Your suggestion worked perfectly.

As noted, IR access to the set top box is required.

This model does not have an input for remote IR operation.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll try it.

Jim

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @jim_06940

Thanks for letting us know the information provided by @BruceW worked. Were you able to get a new box shipped that is com[patible? If not, I can help you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here