Hulu App

New Poster

Hulu App

How can I download the hulu app?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Hulu App

The Hulu app isn't available with X1.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Apps are not customizable, you would have to stick to how you presently watch hulu

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Why! would you not answer the question? you said apps are not customizeable, use hulu how you are presently useing it? I have used my hulu account before on my TV. I can not remember how I got my account to show up on the TV!  can you answer this problem?

Thank you

Official Employee

@Teamarie wrote:

Why! would you not answer the question? you said apps are not customizeable, use hulu how you are presently useing it? I have used my hulu account before on my TV. I can not remember how I got my account to show up on the TV!  can you answer this problem?

Thank you

The question was answered, a Hulu app isn't available through Comcast X1 boxes. Use your smart tv or whatever other device that you have that can access Hulu.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@Teamarie wrote:

Thank you

use your TV remote and press the apps button or if no apps button the TV remote's menu button and find apps. you must have the TV connected to your wifi in order to use internet apps with your TV.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

It's because comcast signs contracts with companies and restricts access to other competitors. This is why only Netflix is available, they can add hulu but they wont. Blame capitalism and Greed.
Official Employee

It takes multiple companies to agree to a contract, in the case of Hulu has 4 owners (really 3) that are all competitors. Look for Amazon Prime later this year

New Poster

But the Hulu app used to be there in Comcast Apps! Now it’s gone?
Official Employee

I can guarantee there’s never been a Hulu app on X1. Are you maybe thinking of a smart tv or other device

New Poster

I agree - we used to watch hulu on our smart tv using the comcast remote to access the app, and now it's gone. Can't figure out how to get there now.....HELP!

Official Employee

Use your actual tv remote