chrisabqnm's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 27th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

HULU App

Any news on when Hulu will be available on Flex ?  I thought Dec or January; now not so sure considering some other news about ownership.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

***UPDATED 04/13/2020 - Additional Resources Link***

At this time, the Hulu app is now available to all Xfinity Flex customers, and will be available to our Xfinity X1 customers soon!

To access the Hulu app, you’ll need:

• A compatible streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service.
  • Xfinity Internet service (any level).
  • A subscription to one of Hulu’s plans. Visit hulu.com/start/xfinityflex to sign up for a Hulu subscription. Currently, you can’t sign up through your Xfinity TV Box.

Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I access the Hulu app on my X1 TV Box?
Hulu isn’t available to our X1 customers yet, but it will be soon!

I don’t have Xfinity TV but I have Xfinity Internet. Can I access the Hulu app?
Yes, but only if you have an Xfinity Flex device too. Customers can access Hulu on a variety of non-Xfinity devices as well. Information on supported devices is available at hulu.com.

I am a Flex customer. How do I manage my Hulu subscription?
Flex customers must manage their Hulu subscription (this includes upgrading or downgrading your service, as well as unsubscribing) on hulu.com.

In the future, you’ll be able to manage your Hulu subscription through your Xfinity Flex TV Box.

Do I need to register or sign in to use Hulu?
Yes, you can use your existing Hulu credentials to sign in to the Hulu app on Flex. Select Log in once you launch the Hulu app on your TV Box.

If you already have a Hulu account, see the Hulu App on Flex.

To start a new Hulu subscription, visit hulu.com/start/xfinityflex to create an account and then sign in on your TV Box.

How much does Hulu cost?
Aside from the prices for your Xfinity services, Hulu offers two different content plans: an ad-supported plan for $5.99 per month and an ad-free plan for $11.99 per month.

Can I access Hulu + Live TV on X1 or Flex?
No, the Hulu + Live TV service isn’t available on Xfinity devices. Only Hulu’s Video On Demand library is available. Customers who purchased Hulu + Live TV directly from Hulu won’t be able to access Live TV or their Hulu DVR recordings on the Hulu app on Flex.

I forgot my Hulu username or password. How do I find my username or reset my password?
Please go to hulu.com to find your Hulu username or reset your password.

Is Hulu in HD?
Yes, select titles in Hulu’s library content will stream at 1080p or 720p.

Is Hulu in 4K?
No, not currently.

Does watching Hulu count against my monthly Internet data usage?
Yes, Hulu content is streamed from the Internet, and will count against your monthly data usage.

How do I block access to Hulu on Flex?
There are two ways you can set parental controls for the Hulu app:
  • Lock TV-MA content under Settings > Parental Controls > TV Rating Locks. Once locked, a Parental Control PIN is required before you can access the app.
  • You can block access to the Hulu app using an Application Lock.

Thank you in advance for your continued patience. 

Additional Resources: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hulu-app-overview

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/flex

https://corporate.comcast.com/stories/comcast-brings-hulu-to-xfinity-flex-and-x1-customers

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/hulu-on-xfinity

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Nothing has been announced. When it happens it’ll be in the news
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Hulu/m-p/3298101#M185529

Contributor

• 

137 Messages

4 years ago

I see Hulu on my main X1 box but not on the other boxes in my home. Will it be expanded to all boxes?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Updates are usually staggered among boxes. It’ll come.

If you have RNG150 box, you won’t see it

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

OK, does anyone know how to use the flex remote to login to hulu.  I get to the screen which asks for my HULU email address and password, but using the remote I can only type numbers, not letters.  Does anyone know how to type letters using the xfinity flex remote?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Figured it out. Press the enter button when on the "email " block and it will present your comcast email.  You can scroll down to enter a different email.  Then you are presented the screen which has all the characters on it.  Use the up/down/left/right arrows to pick the characters.

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

4 years ago

What is a RNG150 box? How do I figure that out? I believe I have the newest X1 box. I got is last year. Why does Xfinity keep messing with us like this? How much more do we have to pay for this service that doesn't include everything? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

A RNG150 is the oldest non DVR X1 box. How is Xfinity “messing” with you?

How much more do we have to pay for this service that doesn't include everything?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

moved thread to the x1 area of the forum (flex set top box)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

You are God send!! Thank you for sharing this! I've been searching for this answer way too long! Thank you!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here