ctcallaway's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, March 27th, 2018 3:00 PM

Closed

HDMI Link option disappeared

I saw a feature called HDMI Link under the Comcast Labs section so I thought I would give it a try.  It is supposed to turn off your cable box if you turn off your TV.  I activated the setting then tried it and if worked.  I decided I didn't want to leave it this way because it was on the "wife's TV" and she doesn't like changes.  🙂  When I went to turn it off, the menu item had disappeared!  I spent hours on line, in a chat session (totally worthless), then another 40 minutes working with a tech over the phone.  When we started troubleshooting, the menu item still appeared on my other two TVs but later it disappeared from both of them as well.  Unfortunatley, now I can't disable this feature on the set where I tried it out.  We did a system reset, a box reset, unplugged the HDMI, power, and cable from the small box then pluged in the power and cable and waited another 15 seconds before pluggin in the HDMI cable.  Nothing we tried was able to reset this feature on that box.  The other two boxes still work - that is, they do not power off when the TV is turned off.  Any Suggestions?  I think tomorrow, I will drive to the Comcast store and swap out this box.  Apparently there is no other fix for it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

Hi everyone. 

Thanks for posting here. I was alerted to this thread by one of your fellow forum users. 

I see several of my colleagues have posted here explaining that Comcast Lab features are beta features and are subject to come and go--this is true. Because the feature was in beta there is a possibility the feature will return in a new software patch. 

I understand the inconvenience and your desires to have this feature back have been reported to the Comcast Lab teams. 

If you are currently seeing connection issues or experiencing errors that may have been caused by the HDMI link option, please let me know by sending me a private message. 

KenF

I have discovered by testing different implementations of HDMI CEC by various companies, that they all conflict with each other in one way or another as there is no designated standard to make one primary over another. It is by design meant to have one system at a time turn on the tv and change the input. There was nothing wrong with how Comcast did HDMI Link and it worked as expected. If you have turned on CEC on multiple systems, each one will successively do the same when that device is turned on. If that doesn't work the way you want, turn off CEC on that system. Please tell the Comcast Labs, all was working as expected and turn the feature back on.

Thanks for your help.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

OK, then I want a button to put X1 to stand-by, blue-light off.  As is, when I'm done watching TV, X1 continues to send signal to TV and receiver, wasting power. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

It's ironic that using the Comcast remote, you push the power button to off and the TV turns off. There is no remote button to turn off the black-box.  All I really want to do is turn on/off the TV+blackbox with one remote control button.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

6 years ago

OK, then I want a button to put X1 to stand-by, blue-light off.  As is, when I'm done watching TV, X1 continues to send signal to TV and receiver, wasting power. 

There is a feature for this already. Please go to: 

settings-->device settings-->power down

This will power down the X1 box and turn off the blue light. Your recordings will record as normal. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

KenF, Oh please, I know you are trying to help, but this is ridiculous. It takes 16 clicks to turn off the X1+TV. I had to test and count.
--------------
1 click Xfinity button
3 clicks to scroll to settings
1 settings
3 clicks to Device Settings
5 clicks to scroll to Power Preferences
1 click to power down now
1 click to confirm
1 click for TV off

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

6 years ago

I understand. Thanks for your feedback. 

KenF

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I liked the HDMI link feature and hate that it's gone. Also, the boxes need to be updated to have more CEC control. I can power on my TV using my roku remote, or automatically switch HDMI inputs with my Roku remote. But when it's time to switch back to the HDMI input where Xfinity is connected, I either have to go through 7 other inputs to get back to Xfinity, which is very inconvenient, or use my phone for faster switching.

I also want to note that there was very brief stretch of time in which the feature worked properly and I could automatically switch inputs by pressing the xfinity button.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

What is the best way for us to let Comcast know we would like the feature back?

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

6 years ago

What is the best way for us to let Comcast know we would like the feature back?

Garstga, I've reached out to the X1 engineers about this possibility. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

Is it back yet? This feature worked flawlessly with my Sony TVs, please bring it back.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I want the feature back too, really beneficial to everyone using an audio receiver with multiple input devices such as playstation, xbox, bluray, and the comcast box which all are CEC compliant.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I need the HDMI LINK setting restored. Since Comcast deleted the setting, my 4k dvr disconnects from my 4k samsung tv every night following the nightly reboots. Seems illogical to delete such a heavily used setting. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I too shake my head at the removal of such an important feature. Please bring back HDMI CEC permenatly ... 

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Have you received any response from engineers as to whether this feature will be restored?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

No I have not. It really kinda ticks me off because this isn’t rocket science.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here