ctcallaway's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, March 27th, 2018 3:00 PM

Closed

HDMI Link option disappeared

I saw a feature called HDMI Link under the Comcast Labs section so I thought I would give it a try.  It is supposed to turn off your cable box if you turn off your TV.  I activated the setting then tried it and if worked.  I decided I didn't want to leave it this way because it was on the "wife's TV" and she doesn't like changes.  🙂  When I went to turn it off, the menu item had disappeared!  I spent hours on line, in a chat session (totally worthless), then another 40 minutes working with a tech over the phone.  When we started troubleshooting, the menu item still appeared on my other two TVs but later it disappeared from both of them as well.  Unfortunatley, now I can't disable this feature on the set where I tried it out.  We did a system reset, a box reset, unplugged the HDMI, power, and cable from the small box then pluged in the power and cable and waited another 15 seconds before pluggin in the HDMI cable.  Nothing we tried was able to reset this feature on that box.  The other two boxes still work - that is, they do not power off when the TV is turned off.  Any Suggestions?  I think tomorrow, I will drive to the Comcast store and swap out this box.  Apparently there is no other fix for it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
That feature doesn’t turn it off, it just puts the box in power saver mode( you may have to go into power save mode and turn it off there).
Features in Comcast Labs are for testing and come and go and get fine tuned all the time. It’s possible your other boxes haven’t taken that update yet

From the actual saving power point of view, I see your “precision” about the difference from turn it off to power saver mode unnecessary and a bit annoying, as it does not address the issue. Why removing a pretty convenient feature (already present in many devices today) and not integrating it into standard device functionality? When the device returns from this power saving mode, it even brags about how much electricity it saved. So even if it didn’t turned it off, but save power when tv was turned off, that is better than leaving the thing on for the night until the power saved mode kicked in at the set time. Anyway, it was a backwards move, that’s what that is. 

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

I 100% agree with you sir, and they need to bring it back.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have no problem with removing the feature but I can't set it back to the original (pre-feature) setting. Is there a way to reset the box?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

After they removed HDMI link, my box would power down after 10 minutes. Today it will not power down. Tried rebooting same. This is definately a down grade.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Instead of being "sorry for the inconvenience" do something great and bring it back!!!

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Looked everywhere, found nothing.

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

I'm very disappointed this feature was removed. Now the only way to turn off the blue light when I want to go to sleep after turning off the tv is to get out of bed and push the button on the box. Who was the moron that designed a remote controlled AV device that can't be turned off with the remote?  It seems that all of the useful features of the X1 system are gradually being removed every few months. I might have to go back to directv where you can still program the dvr remotely, record from the start of a program you're currently watching, and turn off the dvr.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

6 years ago

Please put back in Comcast Labs the HDMI power off & on control where my X1 remote shuts off everything @ once on my home theater Sound Bar & TV & X1 box all in one power on & off & now it's gone! & we were so happy they finally put that feature on last year & now the box is back to its old ways to where you cant shut it off except only by hand by pushing the blue light button & No it's not available in Device settings / Power preferences those are totally different options & you can shut it off there but with all those extra steps you might as well get up & do it by hand thanks 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Hello all,

Thank you for the feedback, we will definitely pass it along the teams. 

Regular Contributor

• 

113 Messages

6 years ago

Please bring this feature back.  If others are having problems with it they can just turn it off.  That must be the reason Comcast took it away.

It should not even be in Comcast Labs anymore.  It should have been part of the standard features

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Here is an update. If you set power saver starts after OFF, the box NEVER goes into power save mode. If you set it to 1 hour, EVERY HOUR the annoying prompt comes up that the box will power off in 10 minutes and you have to press OK on the remote. Please bring back a working hdmi link in either the Comcast labs or in the settings menu.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, man trust me its 100% gone! 

Problem Solver

• 

219 Messages

6 years ago

I was going to post about the HDMI LINK option in Comcast Labs, but I see it has lots of posts recently .....

Problem Solver

• 

219 Messages

6 years ago

I liked the HDMI LINK off-on option in Comcast Labs .... fwiw ...

Problem Solver

• 

219 Messages

6 years ago

Just move the previous HDMI LINK off-on option (that was in Comcast Labs) to another area that is not in 'test mode' ...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here