chicagokas's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 25th, 2020 11:00 PM

Closed

HDMI Handshake Issue Requires Daily X1 Resetting

For the past few months everytime I turn on my TV, the picture quality is so bad with banding and distortion that I have to restart the X1 box. I've changed HDMI cables to higher quality and there is still no improvement.  HDMI CEC is off on both my X1 box and my TV settings. Very frustrated with this ongoing issue. Once the restart process is completed, the picture quality is excellent...until I turn off the TV and turn it on again and the problem returns. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @chicagokas, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on Forums. I am sorry to hear about the quality issues you have been experiencing with your cable box. I can imagine how frustrating that is and we definitely want to get this corrected for you. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message". 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have this exact same issue, although it doesn’t happen every time I turn on the tv. It does happen enough to be incredibly frustrating, however. Do I need to have my X1 DVR replaced?'

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi there, jimemery0. It's quite possible a new box is needed. What model of cable box is this happening on?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here