Community Forum

HBO Max content won't play through my secondary box

Anon1277593
Frequent Visitor

HBO Max content won't play through my secondary box

I can access the HBO Max app with my secondary TV box, but none of the content will play. It plays through my primary box.

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: HBO Max content won't play through my secondary box

And the model of that secondary box is...?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Anon1277593
Frequent Visitor

XiD-C

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s a compatible box do you get any error messages? Try a reset?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Anon1277593
Frequent Visitor

No error message. I did a reset by unplugging it.

I can get into the app. It displays content, but nothing happens when I hit play.

ComcastMorgan
Official Employee

Hi there, Anon1277593. Sorry to hear about the trouble with the app on that second box. We would like to see what we can do to get it working for you. Since you tried to reset it already and that didn't work, we can try sending a few signals from here and if those don't work, we might need to open a request for you. Either way, we're here to help! Please send me a PM with your first and last name, we can go from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!