dpjz's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, April 19th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

G1v4 notifications banner/text has shrunk.

This past week, the caller i.d. notification text on my Samsung 4K TV (connected to my main Xg1v4 DVR) "shrunk." Actually, it looks like the whole top screen banner that displays the notification has "shrunk" not unlike a "picture-in-picture" screen.
It's not happening on any of my three "anyroom" boxes.
Interestingly, I now also get a similar smaller banner display box at the top of the TV when I start Netflix from the voice remote (but that almost immediately then goes to full screen startup). However, it's not a problem with Prime Video or Hulu. They startup on the full display. And FWIW, if I start Netflix from the Samsung's own app menu, it goes immediately to the full screen logo.

So, it appears that the X1Gv4 has something gone awry with its notifications banner (at least for "caller I.D." display (and briefly the initial startup to the splash screen logo for Netflix).
While I can find via the Remote (but don't need) accessibility enhanced text size adjustments for the program guide, I don't need/want that. What I need/can't find is how to adjust (or get back to) the normal top screen banner/text size for notifications (in particular, "caller i.d."). There's no settings that I can find for that.
I hesitate to reboot anything these days since getting any kind of tech support for a mess up is impossible.

Thanks in advance for any good answers/solutions.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Same thing happened here about a week ago.  The caller ID was so small it was almost unreadable, and in addition, the screen thet pops up when you say "about" to the voice remote is also smaller than usual.  I did a system refresh, and both notifications returnrd to normal size, but only for a day or two,  Now they are both small again.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

System refresh or system reboot?
Also, do you have "anyroom" DVR setup? I can find the instructions for "anyroom" reboot but not for "refresh" (if it's different as it is for reboot).
Also, where are you located. We're in the Richmond CA (SF Bay) service area.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Nashville, TN here.  I did a system refresh which temporarily fixed the problem.  I do have another box in the hoyuse (XG2) which can access the recordings on the main DVR (xg1v4).  It did not exhibit the problem.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

All of the little remote "anyroom" boxes are fine - notifications as normal size.
Maybe some other folks will report the same issue- enough so that a fix will be done at the Comcast end.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here