jkj1962's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Sunday, December 15th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Fast-Forwarding Recordings on Cloud DVR

Can you really not fast-forward through commecials on recordings on the Cloud DVR?  I press the fast-forward button, the picture advances through the commercial, the time indicator moves faster, but....when I hit "Play" it jumps back to the commerical I just went through.  And worse, it goes to another commecial that I didn't fast-forward through, and maybe another.  It's like Comcast is injecting commercials in the recordings.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@jkj1962 wrote:

Can you really not fast-forward through commecials on recordings on the Cloud DVR?  I press the fast-forward button, the picture advances through the commercial, the time indicator moves faster, but....when I hit "Play" it jumps back to the commerical I just went through.  And worse, it goes to another commecial that I didn't fast-forward through, and maybe another.  It's like Comcast is injecting commercials in the recordings.

it sounds like you are actually watching an on-demand video. what computer operating system are you using and what browser are you using?

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

No, it's on my TV, and it's a show I recorded.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@jkj1962 wrote:

moved thread from the website area to the set top box area of the forum. when you are playijng the recording on the TV connected to the set top box, and you get that error where you can't forward, press the OK button. bottom left hand area of the screen: does it say DVR or 'cloud icon' DVR ?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

moved thread per customer's post to the X1 area of the forum.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

4 years ago

@jkj1962 wrote:

Are you sure?  It would be fairly easy to mistake an on demand episode for a show in a series recording the way they are presented.  I think someone has even posted that if you let the next expisode auto-play it will play the on-demand version even if you have that show recorded.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

I'm sure.  It was episode of a program that as far as I can tell is not available OnDemand.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here