Tomg8078's profile

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Friday, May 22nd, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Error message "Currently Internet content isn't recordable"

I get this message when trying to record King of Queens repeat episodes. Before I started getting this message, the DVR had already recorded over 100 episodes. It is set to record new and repeat episodes. It will record a single episode with this this error but not the entire series. I have unplugged and rebooted the box. I have contacted customer service. They ran some diagnostics and refreshed some signals which was of no help. I then got the standard "we will escalate this issue to our expert team and you will have a fix in 48-72 hours." Well it is two weeks later and still no fix!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastChad  thanks for the clarification. I had never paid attention to that.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

How do I post publicly? I thought it was.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

The “current internet” message is just copy and awareness for customers. Should have no impact on your scheduled recordings.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

You did post publicly, that’s a general statement not directed at you

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastChad It does have an impact though. This particular show will no longer record as a series. I only have the ability to record the show one episode at a time.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

What I was saying is that message has nothing to do with the recording issue. If you notice, that message is displayed on all record options overlays. It’s a generic message.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Official Employee or anyone who thinks they can fix from Comcast:

Oh, but it does have impact. We have been trying to "Continue to record" Jeopardy @ 5pm on Fox Nashville 1017. Apparently Comcast is broadcasting @ 3:30pm same channel. However, the schedule shows at 3:30 "Judge Judy". So what the heck, we will just record Judy Judy @ 3:30 and get Jeopardy. NOPE. It will not allow us to record more that 1 (ONE) show at that time. We have had Jeopardy recorded at 5PM as the scedule shows for years with no problems. You would think that we are asking for some secret program recording as there has been knowledge base of this problem for years, yet it still happens. Today, after an hour of chatting with Customer Care, I get "we are working on fixing it". Well, apparently Comcast has been working on it for years and yet NO ONE can pinpoint what the issue is......even with the X1.....and Yes, the statement "Currently Internet content isn't recordable" is on the same screen as "Confirm" to finish the request to record ALL episodes. It just doesn't do it. Maybe we should call NASA since it must be over Comcast's ability to fix for good.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

You are right on. I recently posted the same problem and Comcast had no answer for it other than to say it is a generic message and the channel I am recording is probably an internet channel (it is not). Nothing about the problem of not recording series even after I pointed out that this has been a problem for years without a Comcast solution. Their answer? Nothing. Crickets. Extremely poor technical and customer service. But I guess no surprise. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@banksrl wrote:

You are right on. I recently posted the same problem and Comcast had no answer for it other than to say it is a generic message and the channel I am recording is probably an internet channel (it is not). Nothing about the problem of not recording series even after I pointed out that this has been a problem for years without a Comcast solution. Their answer? Nothing. Crickets. Extremely poor technical and customer service. But I guess no surprise. 

call letters of the channel? did you try setting the recording from the Xfinity Stream TV app?

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

I am not sure what they did, but this issue has been resolved for me.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here