rdondes's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, May 17th, 2019 10:00 PM

Closed

Error message "Currently Internet content isn't recordable"

All of a sudden, when I go to record "All Episodes" of any program on any channel (nothing related to Intenet), I get the error message "Currently, Internet content isn't recordable."  This just started today.  When I go to record just one episode, I do not get this error message.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

A Comcast technician came to my home on Sunday, May 19.  As it turns out, the message "Currently Internet content isn't recordable" is actually an informational message and not an error message  - albeit an informational message that came out of nowhere and is confusing although it means exactly what it says. As for getting confirmation for ALL EPISODES recordings and then not seeing the recordings set - I did the ALL EPISODES recordings setting for NEW EPISODES when in fact there were no new episodes (i.e. for old time series shows from the 1960s).  So now I understand about setting recurring recordings for NEW EPISODES vs. NEW EPISODES AND OLD EPISODES.   So all is actually okay thanks to technician Jason.

@ComcastAmir wrote:

Hello rdondes, thank you for creating a post on our forum. I wanted to reach out to provide further assistance with your recording issue if needed. Were you able to get this problem resolved over the phone? If not please reach back out to me here and I can look into your account settings on my end. 

@ComcastAmir wrote:

Hello rdondes, thank you for creating a post on our forum. I wanted to reach out to provide further assistance with your recording issue if needed. Were you able to get this problem resolved over the phone? If not please reach back out to me here and I can look into your account settings on my end. 

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

My X1 DVR Box is an Arris AG1V4-A.  The label on the underside of the X1 DVR Box also says "Model AX014ANM"
@RobertWy wrote:

@rdondes wrote:

All of a sudden, when I go to record "All Episodes" of any program on any channel (nothing related to Intenet), I get the error message "Currently, Internet content isn't recordable."  This just started today.  When I go to record just one episode, I do not get this error message.

Which X1 box are you using?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I made a typo in my previous response.

My X1 DVR Box is an Arris XG1V4-A.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

1. Yes, I've done a full power down and reboot of the X1 DVR Box.

2. I called Comcast and via the automated menu, a full System Reset was done for all of my boxes - X1 DVR Box and non-DVR boxes.

Error message still remains.  Am calling Comcast now.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

5 years ago

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

5 years ago

rdondes, I'm so glad to hear that the tech who visited was able to figure out the issue and explain how to set recordings differently so your show gets saved. There are quite a few different record setting and I understand how their functionality may not always seem obvious. Did you have any further questions or concerns about these features that we can help clarify at this point?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here