Community Forum

ESPN+

Highlighted
New Poster

ESPN+

Will Xfinity Comcast be adding the ESPN App to their Apps section? It seems so simple as they have almost all the other channel apps...

I have an EPSON projector in my theater room with only two HDMI inputs, which are used by the Xfinity box and the Blue Ray player (I know, very 2010...). So I can’t plug in a Firestick or anything. I believe my only option is if Comcast adds the app.

Thoughts?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: ESPN+

Nothing has been announced but if you have the X1 platform and an Amazon Prime subscription, you can access ESPN plus (with subscription).

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I do have both. How does that work?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@boilerswens wrote:
I do have both. How does that work?

Set up amazon prime:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/m-p/3124957#M153186

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks. I use Prime Video all the time, but didn’t know how to watch ESPN+ via Prime Video. Is it an App within an App?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Yes like HBO, Showtime among others. Add ESPN to Prime and you’ll see Plus.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I’m sorry for the million questions, but how do you add ESPN to Prime? When I’m within Prime, I try searching for ESPN, but it just pulls up different videos. How do you add a channel within Prime Video?

Thanks again, I appreciate your help!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

I used a Firestick, added whatever sub channel or app. Sorry, when you posted that you use it all the time I assumed you knew how to add channels. You will still need an ESPN plus subscription
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201357590

Highlighted
New Poster

Oh ok, sorry. No, I’m not using a Firestick on the projector as it doesn’t have enough inputs. I only have the Xfinity box running into it. On a Firestick, yes, I know how to add channels. I thought you were saying when I open the Prime Video app from within Xfinity I could add ESPN.

I suppose I could plug in a Firestick instead of the cable box. I believe you can stream xfinity cable now via a Firestick right? So w the Firestick, I could watch the apps or I can watch regular cable via Xfinity Stream?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Just use the firestick to add the channels then try the X1 Prime to access

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks man
Highlighted
New Poster

how can I get ESPN +
Highlighted
Administrator

@boilerswens wrote:
Will Xfinity Comcast be adding the ESPN App to their Apps section? It seems so simple as they have almost all the other channel apps...

I have an EPSON projector in my theater room with only two HDMI inputs, which are used by the Xfinity box and the Blue Ray player (I know, very 2010...). So I can’t plug in a Firestick or anything. I believe my only option is if Comcast adds the app.

Thoughts?

@boilerswens 

At this time Comcast does not currently offer ESPN Plus (ESPN+) on any Xfinity TV platforms including Xfinity X1, Xfinity Stream or Xfinity Flex.

We sincerely appreciate the inquiries about ESPN+ on X1. We are happy to provide updates to this information here in the Xfinity Forum if anything changes in the future. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!