shimadk1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 11:00 PM

Closed

DVR recordings disappeared

All my recordings prior to 12/31/2018 disappeared today without me deleting them.  Is there another problem that has occurred with the cloud recordings or has the daily update just removed older recordings?

There was was sufficient space so please don't tell me that they were deleted to make room for new recordings. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello, I have been having this exact same problem for last few weeks and it’s insanely frustrating!! My new recordings are deleted before I even get a chance to watch them. When I say new recordings I mean NEW! They record and either a couple of days or a week later they’re already gone! My DVR is nowhere near it’s full percentage limit. I’ve lost I don’t know how many recordings at this point already, if it wasn’t for HULU I wouldn’t be able to see my shows! Which luckily we have and are going to be using more frequently because, it seems like that’s the only thing that works correctly and efficiently from what I’ve seen in this thread.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Icwowner wrote:
Hello, I have been having this exact same problem for last few weeks and it’s insanely frustrating!! My new recordings are deleted before I even get a chance to watch them. When I say new recordings I mean NEW! They record and either a couple of days or a week later they’re already gone! My DVR is nowhere near it’s full percentage limit. I’ve lost I don’t know how many recordings at this point already, if it wasn’t for HULU I wouldn’t be able to see my shows! Which luckily we have and are going to be using more frequently because, it seems like that’s the only thing that works correctly and efficiently from what I’ve seen in this thread.

go to the TV and use voice command "recordings'. at the top there is a 'location' that should say "all devices". if it says something else press down and then up. navigate to that setting and press ok. select all devices. all recordings 'back'?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I beg to differ, I have been a database administrator for 20 years and in data processing for 30 + years.  You learn that common practices is to back and back up often.  Then the backups are backed up.  Using indexes all recording can be restore if wanted.   It is obviously this is a programing issue that should be addressed.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@mbchevy wrote:

I beg to differ, I have been a database administrator for 20 years and in data processing for 30 + years.  You learn that common practices is to back and back up often.  Then the backups are backed up.  Using indexes all recording can be restore if wanted.   It is obviously this is a programing issue that should be addressed.

you did not quote the post you are replying to, so not possible to know context of your reply.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I only have 1 box @RobertWy . Why would I see any other devices listed here? But overall, am I to understand that the recordings are not retrievable? If that's the case, I think I'll just call back in to support and complain some more until I get some traction there. Tanks

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@michael_smith1 wrote:

I only have 1 box @RobertWy . Why would I see any other devices listed here? But overall, am I to understand that the recordings are not retrievable? If that's the case, I think I'll just call back in to support and complain some more until I get some traction there. Tanks

what do you see on 'device' option line when viewing recordings?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Add me to the list of people with DVR recordings suddenly vanishing. When I went to bed last night, the DVR capacity was at about 52%; now, it's at 11%. I checked the recently deleted folder, and the only recordings in there are the ones I deleted; none of the vanished recordings are in there. They're just . . . gone.

Some of these vanished recordings are old: from April 2018, for example. Some are recent: within the last four weeks. Some are from this past summer. Of the remaining 11% of recordings, some are older, and some are newer; some are movies; some are shows. This vanshing of recordings appeared to have occurred indiscriminately.

This is the first time I've experienced this problem. It is a significant problem.

It will now cost me money to watch these vanished movies and shows; and this issue has already cost me time. I want my recordings back, in their original quality; and if this cannot be done, I demand just compensation.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Every time I get a new X1 box the DVR shows from over 6 months disappear

and yes I have the cloud on my iPad but it doesn't matter.

where do they go?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@OSUBuckeyes wrote:

Every time I get a new X1 box the DVR shows from over 6 months disappear

and yes I have the cloud on my iPad but it doesn't matter.

where do they go?

The change of the DVR removes local recordings. the cloud has the last 60 hours recorded.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hi,

A bunch of my DVR recordings disappeared overnight last week.  It was at only 70% full and after the disappeared shows it went down to 15% full.  Some shows were over a year old and some just recorded in the last month or so.  Two phone calls to customer support, one nearly an hour long, didn't resolve the issue.  I was given an Xfinity ticket number when on the phone but that seems to have resulted in nothing.  This is very frustrating.

Has this issue been resolved with people getting their recorded shows back?

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Hi! Unfortunately they can’t restore the recordings. We lost a few things that we can’t watch anywhere else.

Just waiting for my husband to watch a few things so we can get a new box as random recordings are still disappearing.

I feel your pain!

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

If your current recordings are recent enough to be in the cloud - or weren't pushed out by others, you won't lose them when you swap boxes.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I spotted this thread after making a new one of my own about the same issue running rampant here. Sad to see there does not seem to be a solution yet. Is Comcast Ken still on this so I can send him a personal message to hopefully get some help?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

No, it has not. After a bunch of back-and-forths on here, two customer service calls (one at least an hour long), 2 visits to Xfinity stores, and a swapped out box we weren't told would destroy any chance of retrieving our lost recordings, we never got anything back. After all that - over the course of months - and some hardcore relentless assertiveness, we did get a bunch of credits on our bill. We talked to a ton of different customer service reps, and it was the first time most of them heard this was a problem. Not one of them admitted they did not know how to retrieve the recordings, which almost certainly seems to be the case.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I sent him a private message yesterday and got a message from him today asking for additional information and saying he would look into it.  So, yes, you should get a response if you send him a private message.  So far nothing to report.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here