shimadk1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 11:00 PM

Closed

DVR recordings disappeared

All my recordings prior to 12/31/2018 disappeared today without me deleting them.  Is there another problem that has occurred with the cloud recordings or has the daily update just removed older recordings?

There was was sufficient space so please don't tell me that they were deleted to make room for new recordings. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hi All, thanks for posting about your missing recordings. Please send me a private message with your full name so we can begin troubleshooting. 

Ken

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

This has now happened to us as well. Shows from the past few months just gone. DVR space dropped from 50% to 10% overnight, shows from years ago still available. Called customer service, no help. I guess we are just [edited].

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @djbown13, thanks for visiting our Forums! It's upsetting to hear that your DVR recordings are no longer showing available. I'm happy to see you are working with a separate agent on a separate platform. 

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@djbown13, I do see that agent is having this further investigated for you. Please allow us time to have this looked into on the backend. Thank you and we truly appreciate working with us through this, as well as your patience. 

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

They were unable to help. I don’t understand how so many of your customers can have the exact same issue and your entire company has no idea what is going on or how to help. It’s inexcusable. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I had the same issue with Comcast deleting half of my DVR shows. When I called them, they said it happened to other customers and it was an accident. I do not believe that! I think Comcast should admit they are removing them. For whatever reason, it is DISHONEST!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We have had the same issue with movies and shows suddenly disappearing. There is no rhyme or reason to which get deleted. We have older shows still on and recent ones deleted. Please help.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I had the same issue.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

Hi,

All my DVR recordings have disappeared overnight. The recordings are only a month old and have disappeared in the last 24 hours. When will the recordings be restored??? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, everyone!

As stated earlier by ComcastChe this is a known issue at this time. Our teams are currently looking into this and are working on a fix. The investigation report was updated today and our research teams indicated that they are hoping to start pushing the fix in some areas within the next month or so if all goes well. We will continue to update this thread as the investigation is updated. 

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

“Some areas” in “a month or so”??? Is that a joke? Presumably we will all be reimbursed for our DVR service fees until it is resolved, plus the past few months since the service was unreliable for those months as well. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Happening to us here. Every recording, including stuff recorded last night -- as well as all of the SCHEDULED recordings we had set up! -- are all gone. Everything. Every. Thing.

This is apparently epidimic, uncontrollable, and getting worse.

Congratulations, Comcast. You've reached new heights of complete and total incompetence.

@ComcastTambrey wrote:

Hello, everyone!

As stated earlier by ComcastChe this is a known issue at this time. Our teams are currently looking into this and are working on a fix. The investigation report was updated today and our research teams indicated that they are hoping to start pushing the fix in some areas within the next month or so if all goes well. We will continue to update this thread as the investigation is updated. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing. Myself and a few other peers I know are also missing some recordings so we can  understand how it can be affecting your entertainment needs. I had something that recorded and I can no longer see it on my end either. Although we mentioned an approximate time frame, we are actively working to have this fixed as soon as possible. Unfortunately, no compensation will be provided for this known issue. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I turned on my X1 box today and all my recordings were gone and all my scheduled recordings had been cancelled. It’s only my wife and I and no one else has access to the box. Is there anyway to retrieve our shows??

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Has anyone gotten this problem resolved? Lost about 75 recordings last night. I pay a monthly fee to have my shows recorded, this should not happen. The only thing keeping me with Comcast was my massive backlog on my dvr. I guess that is no longer true.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here