Community Forum

DVR questions for XG1V4 box

machado22
Contributor

DVR questions for XG1V4 box

I am a new user of 4K. There must be others here like me or maybe some veterans of 4K who can pass some knowledge around.

1. Is there a dedicated link that discusses everything 4K in relation to Xfinity?
  2. Is there a tip/tricks to the XG1V4 box for new users? 
  3. I understood there is only 1 other box and it is wireless, the Xi6 that supports 4K, yes? 

I searched the Xfinity site and found the information to be very vague and stock. I am upgrading from a standard DVR box to this new 4K dvr box and of course a customer is going to have questions.

Thanks in advance!

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: DVR questions for XG1V4 box

1. No, just post questions or do a google search or a forums search. You will be hard pressed to find something that hasn’t been asked and answered at least once
2.No, other than having access to 4K material and a 4K setting there’s no difference in X1 dvr
3.Correct

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
machado22
Contributor

Hello again-Thank you for the quick answers. That is a huge help. Keep up the great work around here.

dcfox
Regular Contributor

@machado22 You can say 4K into your voice remote and it will take you to some limited 4k movies and programing when you get the XG1v4 box. 

Rustyben
Expert

@machado22 wrote:

I am a new user of 4K. There must be others here like me or maybe some veterans of 4K who can pass some knowledge around.

1. Is there a dedicated link that discusses everything 4K in relation to Xfinity?
  2. Is there a tip/tricks to the XG1V4 box for new users? 
  3. I understood there is only 1 other box and it is wireless, the Xi6 that supports 4K, yes? 

I searched the Xfinity site and found the information to be very vague and stock. I am upgrading from a standard DVR box to this new 4K dvr box and of course a customer is going to have questions.

Thanks in advance!

yes but requires an xb3/6/7 gateway and an xg1v* or xg2 hub.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!