Jmatchbox75's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, November 22nd, 2018 2:00 PM

Closed

DVR playback is choppy

Started today DVR playback is choppy and will barely play have restarted the device and had refresh signal sent and still not working. For the price you charge for your services the should not be constant issues by far worst cable/ communication company ever dealt with.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

It is only an issue on one of the x1 DVRs the other DVR and all the other boxes are having no issues with playback

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Sounds like a possible hard drive issue, if the same show plays fine on the other boxes

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5K Messages

5 years ago

I can certainly check this for you from here if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Responded to your message with the information, went and had the box switched out and still having the same problem only in the one location, this location is closest to signal entering the house, shows good signal strength. This is becoming a problem as you can barely watch playback, not fair to pay for services that don't work.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5K Messages

5 years ago

Thank you, I do need to know who I am speaking with directly (name) even though you provided the account name. Who am I speaking with?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Sent private message

Contributor

• 

476 Messages

5 years ago

I noticed our playback was choppy the weekend before thanksgiving and yesterday the DVR box in the family room rebooted on its own at around 4 pm. If a tech replaces the box am I going to loose all my scheduled programs, my favorites, my recorded shows, etc?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@lkpolovchik wrote:

I noticed our playback was choppy the weekend before thanksgiving and yesterday the DVR box in the family room rebooted on its own at around 4 pm. If a tech replaces the box am I going to loose all my scheduled programs, my favorites, my recorded shows, etc?

x1 stores schedules (future recordings and series) favorites etc in the cloud so it won't be lost. the cloud DVR has only the last 60 hours of recorded shows though.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here