St24's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 20th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Child circumventing parental controls

My child easily turns all parental controls off. He pushes the Xfinity button on the remote. He then scrolls down”Resources to Aid Your Service”
Next he chooses “Get Help with You Account”
He then scrolls down to “Customize Settings”
He chooses “Set Parental Controls”
He is then inside the parental controls and is able to turn all parental controls to “Off”

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

This has been fixed, not a bug.  Please try again and thanks for reporting it. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@St24 wrote:
My child easily turns all parental controls off. He pushes the Xfinity button on the remote. He then scrolls down”Resources to Aid Your Service”
Next he chooses “Get Help with You Account”
He then scrolls down to “Customize Settings”
He chooses “Set Parental Controls”
He is then inside the parental controls and is able to turn all parental controls to “Off”

Wow!  I duplicated your issue.  Setting a Parental Control PIN blocks access to the Settings->Parental Control but NOT thru the 'Resources to Aid Your Service'.  Certainly a big BUG! 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

How do we get Xfinity to fix this?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@St24 wrote:
How do we get Xfinity to fix this?

Hopefully an agent will see this and provide us with the procedure to submit a bug report or submit one themselves.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastChad wrote:

This has been fixed, not a bug.  Please try again and thanks for reporting it. 

After setting a Parental Control PIN via Settings, going into 'Get Help with Your Account' and 'Set Parental Controls' DOES prompt for the PIN before proceeding.  Thanks for the quick response and fix.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for fixing this so quickly!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here