Community Forum

Can't watch recording programs

Highlighted
Contributor

Can't watch recording programs

Occasionally, I cannot watch recording programs.  Xfinity/Saved/Recordings - select recording program and there is no "Watch" option.  The options Start with "Episodes".  Once the program is done recording the "Watch" option is available.  Doesn't happen all the time but has happened occasionaly for a while now.  Watching on the X1 DVR box - have not tried the problem on the little satellite boxes.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Can't watch recording programs

Did a system reset, and it happened again.  Recording Monday Night Football.  Tried to watch the game while it was recording and there was no "Watch" option available.  Tried 20 minutes later (while still recording) and the "Watch" option was there.

Highlighted
Expert

@Anon208534 wrote:

Did a system reset, and it happened again.  Recording Monday Night Football.  Tried to watch the game while it was recording and there was no "Watch" option available.  Tried 20 minutes later (while still recording) and the "Watch" option was there.

when/if that happens, in the list of recordings, press the play button on the remote.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

I will try the play button, but I do hate defective software...especially when I am paying for it.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, Anon208534. Thanks for making us aware of this. It sounds like it's one of those one-off technical occurrences, since it's happening at random and only occasionally. It's still something we can report/look into. Have you noticed if this happens with sports content specifically? If you get around to it, would you mind letting us know if the satellite boxes have the same issue? Our last question would be, are you recording multiple shows during the time you notice this happening?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

Will do my best to determine any pattern.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks! We'll be awaiting an update to determine our next steps in getting this resolved. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.