Duncan3707's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, January 26th, 2021 10:00 AM

Closed

Cable box 4k capability?

Do either the XG2v2-p or the XiD-P boxes have 4k capability?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

3 years ago

For a standalone box, only the XG1v4 supports 4K. I don't believe the XID-P supports 4K, and XG2 definitely doesn't.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you!

So what I need to know next is how to request 2 of the XG1v4 cable boxes, 1 for a new 4k tv I have ordered, and one to replace the XG2v2-p that is currently connected to a 4k tv I already have.

If possible, could they be mailed to me, and can I mail the XG2v2-p back?

Thanks!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@Duncan3707 wrote:

Thank you!

So what I need to know next is how to request 2 of the XG1v4 cable boxes, 1 for a new 4k tv I have ordered, and one to replace the XG2v2-p that is currently connected to a 4k tv I already have.

If possible, could they be mailed to me, and can I mail the XG2v2-p back?

Thanks!

you can return equipment to your local xfinity store or UPS store. Ups will box it and give you a receipt (no charge). Xfinity is not offering 4k channels at this time, the next 'event'' will probably be Olympics related on-demand. the interent apps can work on 4k like Netflix and youtube etc if you have 4k service level on their service. only the xi6 (wireless, needs a MoCA capable Xfinity-only modem/gateway) and a hub (xg1v* or xg2) for it to use. takeway: currently xi6 and xg1v4 are 4k capable. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Still not clear on the procedure for obtaining a XG1v4 cable box?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

It’s been escalated to an Official Employee to help you get what you need

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Best Answer.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @Duncan3707! Thanks for using the Xfinity Forum to get a 4K DVR. I'll be happy to get one shipped out. I have just read your private message and will be replying shortly to get this taken care of. Chat with you soon! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

You're welcome! I received your response. I just came back from break and am reviewing it now. Chat with you soon! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Sounds good.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

@ComcastChe I am also interested in getting an xg1v4 for my household. Is there a way you can help?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I tried to exchange my XG1v1 for a 4K XG1v4 at my local Xinity store. I was told that they did not have the XG1V4 available as it was being replaced by a new model from a different manufacturer that would be available in the next few months. In the interim, they gave me an XG1-A (?) so we could access HBO Max. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here