Jwhjr's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, November 9th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Any time the TV box resets/reboots TV goes black, no sound no picture.

Problem:

Any time the TV box resets/reboots, after it finishes the TV goes black, no sound no picture.

Work Around:

On the remote, press guide (all the programming is still there), change to a channel different from the channel it was on when the TV box reset/rebooted, see the message "Sorry, that didn't go as planned - Let's try that again and see if that fixes things. XRE-10007", press the OK/Select button and the problem goes away until the next daily update or other reset/reboot. I can also use the voice option on the remote to change to a channel different from the last channel to get to the message "Sorry, that didn't go as planned - Let's try that again and see if that fixes things. XRE-10007".

Equipment:

1 - X1 TV Box (Technicolor TX061AEI Xi6-T) from Xfinity, 1 - Gateway (Voice and Data Modem, ARRIS Group TG1682G) from Xfinity, no DVR services, various TVs tried including 4k's from LG and Sony, TV Box connection to Gateway tried WiFi and Ethernet.

History:

Problem surfaced around January. Called Comcast's 800 number, went through all the motions as directed by the person I was talking to, then described to her that in addition to trying all the things she just prescribed before I called, all the other things I tried before I called. The issue was escalated up to other techs with the final determination it was my equipment was causing a MoCA issue. An Arris SB6183 cable modem Xfinity approved and highly rated by benchmarking review sites, and a Synology RT2600 wireless router highly rated by benchmarking review sites and rated #1 by Consumer Reports for 802.11ac wireless routers.

I explained I had no equipment with MoCA capabilities but couldn't speak regarding the Xfinity TV Box, other than the only thing I'm using the Xfinity TV Box for is a HDMI connection to one TV and I have no DVR or other whistles and bells, nothing but one cable modem connected by coax to their service. I also explained that I somewhat understood the consumer side of MoCA turning an existing coaxial network into the equilivalent of an Ethernet network with MoCA adapters or MoCA capable equipment, but that's not my setup.

I also advised that my equipment had been working flawlessly for months and inquired if Xfinity had made any changes on their end. The only thing they could tell me was my Xfinity approved cable modem was causing a MoCA issue, and the only resolution would be to ditch my equipment and rent their Gateway.

Yes, I'm a sceptic, and things are sounding sketchy to me here, but hey - I'm not the Xfinity expert in this relationship. So back to renting their Gateway. Installed exactly as it was from day one, and PRESTO, nothing changed. Same problem. Replaced TV Box with a new TV Box, replaced new Gateway another new Gateway, and PRESTO, nothing changed. Same problem. Yes this has been going on since January, but between New Years, pandemics, having a work around, etc., now it's time for a resolution.

Any ideas.

Accepted Solution

Regular Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

We've updated configuration for your device which should help to mitigate the problem. Could you please restart your box and check?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Cycled power on TV Box (unplug, wait 30 seconds, plug in) SUCCESS.
Cycled power on TV Box, Gateway, TV, and others (switch off surge suppressor, wait 30 seconds, switch on) SUCCESS.
Working correctly with TV Box connected to Gateway wired or WIFI.
Thanks for the prompt response and solution.
Please affix Gold Star sticker to your forehead.
Were the update(s) made to the TV Box, Gateway?
Your thoughts on using my equipment listed in post.
Again, thank you.
Customer Service the way it should be.

Regular Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

I'm glad that it helped.
We've updated configuration on your Xi6 box. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi!  I'm having the same issue (similar).  I recently installed a 2nd TV Box in another room and i'm getting the error prompt XRE-10007.  I've gone through multiple system refreshes and individual box refreshes (both by myself and with the help of an agent).  Oddly, however, in my account 'Status Center' the main/mother box has "issues detected' and i cannot force a single box update, as its 'offline' (despite the box working correctly -- ie providing all channels etc).  thoughts?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Howdy:

With the issue I was having, I could receive the "Daily Updates". Indeed the restart after the update would doink my TV Box, or any other restart for that matter. I suspect when Denys "updated" my TV Box all the software and/or firmware was reinstalled or replaced. What ever the case, all good now.

To my knowledge, there's not a whole lot a consumer can do with the TV Boxes. No menu driven factory reset option as with phones or tablets, no paper clip hole for a switch driven reset, no access via a browser like a router. It makes sense. It's the money shot for the service provider.

My experience is it's managed remotely. The only thing the consumer can do is replace/exchange it with another one. Note I'm only using one TV Box with my subscription. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Good Luck.

Also noteworthy, using the online management tools, is I've run across "the device could not be detected" or something similar only to have show up later. 

Regular Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

I see a similar issue on your device.
We'll try to recover it tomorrow.

Regular Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

the box swap should help to mitigate the problem.
Let me know if it didn't help

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

Hi ComcastDenys,
I do have the same problem. The workaround works only until the next restart (power outage) or "update" /restart from Comcast.  Unfortunately, Comcast is restarting equipment on a daily schedule(?) which causes deleting my workaround. So everything from the beginning next morning.
I would greatly appreciate if you can help and update my configuration as you did for others. I do have three Xi6 boxes with the same problem. Everything else works perfectly.

Waiting for your response.

Sincerely, Nem

Regular Contributor

• 

17 Messages

3 years ago

I've asked engineering team to check your devices

Regular Contributor

• 

17 Messages

3 years ago

So the reason of the error is that your XG and XI devices connected through non Comcast equipment (modem or/and router).
My recommendation would be to use Comcast equipment.
Otherwise on every restart Xi6 devices can show the error but all subsequent tunes should automatically recover.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here