Meijasycha's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 12th, 2019 7:00 AM

Closed

Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

I have signed in when I try to play anything on amazon prime. I get a internet connection error.
Netflix, YouTube, pandora all work no problems.
Amazon prime Leo’s saying no internet connection but I signed in a can look at what is playing

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having the same issue! Frustrating!

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Just got off the phone on a follow-up call. They said there’s an outtage between the app and amazon. Not sure what that means for the people who started this thread two months ago.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Next day. Still not working. Anyone else?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I receieved yet another follow-up call on the Prime issue last night, this time from a Level 2 operator. He made no mention of the "outtage" reffered to in the previous call, and I didn't bring it up. He reset the modem and said he'd call back after a few of minutes to see if that worked. The modem reset did not address the problem, and he never called back.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I was on the phone with level 2 support for 20 minutes on Saturday only to have her send me instrucitons on registering my X1 device with amazon prime, which was done weeks ago when it was working.  I called back and they said it was escalated to level 2 and should be fixed in 24 hours.  So an hour later and all I'm being told is they're working on it.  Still not working.  It seems as though there's a known issue there is no fix for...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So here it is March 12th and I also have this issue. I called Amazon who connected me to Comcast who reset my box. When they called back to check on it and found it still didn't work, they tried to connect remotely, but couldn't. Then the agent found an open ticket that was created on Feb 4th. He said it's a known issue and there is no estimate on when it will be fixed. Since it's been over a month and no estimated date, we can count on it not being fixed anytime soon. I'm guessing there is a broadband fight going on between the 2 companies so Xfinity probably shut it down.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hi All, 

If you are still getting a connection error on the Amazon app, please send me a private message with your full name so I can assist. 

KenF

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@JAC57 wrote:
My Prime app just spins and shuts off. It doesn’t prompt me to login or anything. All other apps such as Netflix and YouTube work just fine. What is the issue here?

would you use the voice command 'about' on that DVR and reply with the rest of the line after "STB version.."?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My Prime app just spins and shuts off. It doesn’t prompt me to login or anything. All other apps such as Netflix and YouTube work just fine. What is the issue here?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

_____\
@JAC57 please send @CCKenF your account information so he can look at your account/equipment

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

_____\
@JAC57 please send @ComcastKenF your account information so he can look at your account/equipment

Yes, please do!

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hi All, 

Is everyone attempting to play the Amazon prime content shown in the Kid's Zone?

KenF

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I was not using Kid Zone when the app was not functional. However, the Prime App starting working for me last night. We didn't do anything to address the problem. We just tired it again on a whim, and it ended up working. Hopefully this is the last time I have to think about it.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

I was not using Kid Zone when the app was not functional. However, the Prime App starting working for me last night. We didn't do anything to address the problem. We just tired it again on a whim, and it ended up working. Hopefully this is the last time I have to think about it.

Grossnickle, thanks for the update here. Glad the app is working for you now. Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks to KenF, I got a call from Comcast with someone to look into the problem.   The person looked into it and said the following:  Comcast has a nationwide outage on Prime Video.  It is a system issue.  Their network engineers have been working on it for weeks.  They will call me when it’s fixed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here