walkerpkw's profile

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 12:00 PM

Closed

Actor actress bio info gone?

I noticed last night the actors bio information only shows DOB and where they were born. Is this a temporary glitch or permanant change?

Update: On Monday night or early Tuesday morning, about 5 or 6 days later the bio funtion was restored. It's really frustraitng when it happened and even more-so when customers reported it working again - without a real explanation why. Of course like most everyone I called support and the only suggestion was a reboot or refresh, and nothing changed.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Very upset.  It was interseting to read about actors and find out things I didnt know.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My TV has been frezing up more!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Official Employee
‎08-02-2018 02:08 PM 

That feature was removed with the latest update (88.1.1). If you still see the bios, your boxes haven’t had the update yet.

Ha...it takes special Comcast double-speak to explain that we got an "update" and it removed a "feature."  Note to Comcast: Updates are supposed to improve service and customer experience, not remove or delete features that your customers enjoy. Maybe you should have called it a downdate.

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

That update surely stinks like a dead fish!

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Why on Earth woluld they remove the actors bio's?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

My wife and I *really* are disappointed with all of the actors, directors and producers biographies ditched, too. Now we get the year and place they were born. The biographies were informative and entertaining as well. Why take it away? I guess leaving it alone made too much sense.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I absolutely agree.  It was so handy and informational.  Now I sit and drive myself crazy trying to think of what I may have seen some actor in before.  The bio information now is like "Mr. Obvious."  Of course the actor appeared in TV & Film.  99% of all actors have.  Birth date and place of birth is interesting, but.....  Please bring back the more in depth info.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

That was the best feature of the platform. Can’t justify paying so much for the service now. Time to cut the cord.

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Can't agree more! It stinks!

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

My Wife is very ill.She loved reading the Bio's during the old Hollywood movies that help distract her from the pain She is in. Comcast has let us down with there latest updates.

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

I have to say I am really thinking hard about not renewing  comcast when that time comes to do so.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@raspy wrote:

My Wife is very ill.She loved reading the Bio's during the old Hollywood movies that help distract her from the pain She is in. Comcast has let us down with there latest updates.

I like the bios too but have not used them on the X1 system. I have a wireless connected android nearby that i can use to access the free IMDB app. sometimes i get 'lost' in looking up stuff and have to rewind the TV. hope her pain is removed and she feels better.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

OK, enough about the update. WHY were the actor bios removed???
Simple question Comcast.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

•  
    For the last 2 weeks when I click on the info button for any 
    TV show, and then look at the bio for any actor all I get is the 
    exact same 5 word description for every actor:

Appeared in Film, TV, music.

This seems like a system problem and one of my neighbors
    is having the same problem

When I call the Xfinity help line they have no idea how to 
    fix the problem and they act like it is the first time they 
    have heard this question.

I'd also like to know where the source of this database
    info is since it is frequently wrong.

I am in suburban Philadelphia.

I hate calling Comcast for help because the automated 
    screening menu frequently leads me to a point where 
    none of the options make any sense so I have to go back 
    up the menu and start all over again.

I can't wait to get back to RCN and real TIVO in September
    in time for football season. The last 2 years with Comcast 
    have been a flippin nightmare.

I will never sign a 2 year agreement again with any cable 
    company.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have always enjoyed the bio facts on the actors.  Put them back please.  Very disappointed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here