walkerpkw's profile

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 12:00 PM

Closed

Actor actress bio info gone?

I noticed last night the actors bio information only shows DOB and where they were born. Is this a temporary glitch or permanant change?

Update: On Monday night or early Tuesday morning, about 5 or 6 days later the bio funtion was restored. It's really frustraitng when it happened and even more-so when customers reported it working again - without a real explanation why. Of course like most everyone I called support and the only suggestion was a reboot or refresh, and nothing changed.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Another to get rid of cable.

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Until about a week ago, I used to be able to get information on a TV show/movie using the "Information" button.  Then you could scroll down to the cast of actors for that particular show/movie.  Highlight an actor, hit information, and get a relatively complete bio of the actor.  Now it's just a line saying "appearing in TV/films" [Duh, what else would they be...plumbers?] and a birthday.  What happened to the previous background information?

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

It had been restored.Now it's gone again! I am very unhappy with the powers that be messing with us.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

The bio info returned and now is gone again.
This is now some kinda bug or maybe during any peak demand, it is disabled for the bandwidth issues?

Might be as stoopid as problem with Java.... Do X1 boxes use Java like the old school?

Hey Comcast, isn't it about time to say.... "we are aware of this bug and are working on it".

It would not come and go, if this was some kind of lawsuit or bad business decision as others have suggested.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

6 years ago

It's come and gone again for me as well. Currently as of 17:00  7/31 no detailed biographies. Oh, I should mention today, 2 outages lasting 4 hours. I had no internet, cable or phone. Cell phones don't work well without wifi so there's no way to call or verify what's happening in real time.

It would be nice for an official comcast reply.

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

I really have to say that this issue is very disappointing . We really enjoy seeing the Bio info .

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Well that’s very disappointing. I really enjoyed reading about them😢👎

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

That feature was removed with the latest update (88.1.1). If you still see the bios, your boxes haven’t had the update yet

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Well in that case mine and other boxes on here are getting the update and then losing it.
And it seems your customer's want the bios, so why is the feature removed?

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

6 years ago

When I upgraded to the X1 platform this feature was demonstated and stood out. It was one of the main reasons I switched and had been an integral part of the X1 experience.  It's like browsing biograpies at IMDB (dotcom). There must be a good reason why it was removed, if it took up too much bandwidth causing freeze ups, or other techincal issues. I'd still like a straight answer.  

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

I    agree with you. Comcast has made a big mistake! Dropping this great feature.

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

I am going back to custumer service and give them a piece of my mind.Politely of course.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Program cast information has suddenly become very generic. "Date of Birth and tv/movie actor" has suddenly replaced in-depth information. Often we would say hey what was he/she in before? We could hit Info - scroll down and boom - your information was exactly what we were looking for. Now there's nothing other than a picture and a birthdate. Please don't  do away with the in-depth descriptions. I'm sure we weren't the only folks who enjoyed that feature of X1. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

One of the worst moves they've ever made!

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

I went on custumer support to message with a tech for 30 minutes to solve it. If more of us tie up the employees? Maybe something might get done?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here