walkerpkw's profile

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 12:00 PM

Closed

Actor actress bio info gone?

I noticed last night the actors bio information only shows DOB and where they were born. Is this a temporary glitch or permanant change?

Update: On Monday night or early Tuesday morning, about 5 or 6 days later the bio funtion was restored. It's really frustraitng when it happened and even more-so when customers reported it working again - without a real explanation why. Of course like most everyone I called support and the only suggestion was a reboot or refresh, and nothing changed.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I called, they said bio info took up a lot of space and it will be discontinued.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Oh no. I really liked that feature. You would think they could just link it to Wikipedia. First the record feature in the app is gone, now this. Thanks for the info.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

6 years ago

Well, I guess I can live with that because both TV's stopped freezing up.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why has Comcast xfinity altered the comprehensive actor bios? They used to give plenty of useful information about the actors etc. NOW, they just substituted it with a fancy screens aver size background with date and place of birth ONLY
Anyone else upset about this downgrade?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks comcast for screwing up more... 1st you got rid of the guide picture in picture.

And now this.

I enjoyed these features.

Y'all want to raise the prices every year... But somehow i doubt you will lower prices when you take services away.

Not cool guys

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

ME! I’m upset about the change! We enjoyed reading about all the different things in which the cast and crew were involved and their back stories when included.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

What happened to the Movie Star Bios on Xfinity?? 

Here Yesterday--Gone Today-- No Reason---

It was a Nice feature to find out about different stars--and to see what other movies they were in. 

Also--made it easier to find the Movie with Voice--instead of looking for it-

Anyone else having this problem??

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Yes. Very disappointed that feature is gone. I read in another thread that Comcast removed it because it (the data) took up too much space. Don’t know if that’s true or not, but surely Comcast can afford to buy more memory. Maybe if enough people call and complain, they’ll bring it back!

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I'm also very disappointed about this change.  I spoke with a friend who works in some sort of engineering capacity with Comcast.  While he was unaware of the biographies being gone, he stated it probably has to do with the amount of bandwidth it uses.  I still don't like it!  

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

I spoke with a friend who works in some sort of engineering capacity with Comcast.  While he was unaware of the biographies being gone, he stated it probably has to do with the amount of bandwidth it uses.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I think bandwidth as mentioned is a factor. And as I understand it, there is a limited amount of bandwidth a utility / communications company has available to buy. Some is reserved for emergency govt 911 services.
So for example Comcast can/does buy certain frequencies or amounts, and at&t has so much available to them.
Its a matter of how they best use what is available to them.

I doubt the feature will return, it would take many likes or reply to the post.

A few of us complaining will do little.

i am no expert, but i do play one on tv 🙂

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Complaining worked, the bios are back. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Yes I have a problem with the new format.Even tho the old format was riddled with incorrect info and many time wrong photos,It was better than this feeble attempt.

Like someone said.......Way to go Comcast,you too another step back.What next to make us happier in your mind?

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

They aren’t back on my 📺. ☹️

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am not seeing them on my TV.

forum icon

New to the Community?