Scmc4's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 10th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream app not working on Samsung smart tv

I have a new series 7 Samsung smart tv. I downloaded the xfinity stream beta app. I hit get started and am given a 6 digit code. I enter that at xfinity.com/authorize - it sends the info successfully to the tv but the tv shows TVAPP-00100 error code. I have spent hours trying to get this resolved with xfinity. Nothing has worked. It’s very disappointing.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Does your tv happen to match these approved models
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

My Samsung TV actually worked for a few hours after I installed the app and got it to authorize. Then it stopped working and I get the same thing as you, each time I put the code in, I get a success message but TV says something went wrong with same error you're seeing.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am experiencing the same issue. I have a new Samsung TV so I know my model is supported. Would really like to get an answer to this. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@jacmk wrote:

I am experiencing the same issue. I have a new Samsung TV so I know my model is supported. Would really like to get an answer to this. 

when you go to your samsung app store does it offer the beta stream TV app? if so did you install and accept the terms and conditions? 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Similar issue. Samsung smart TVs previously able to view content on Stream app, suddenly not. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app, now get error message about "must be on home network to use on this device" after trying to authorize the app.  Every attempt to load app leads to authorizing, which succeeds but shows that error message.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@silentstone wrote:

Similar issue. Samsung smart TVs previously able to view content on Stream app, suddenly not. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app, now get error message about "must be on home network to use on this device" after trying to authorize the app.  Every attempt to load app leads to authorizing, which succeeds but shows that error message.

does a smart phone/tablet using the xfinity stream TV app work when connected to the exact same home wifi?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I’ve been dealing with this issue since November 2019 and haven’t gotten to a resolution yet. My model is 55MU8000.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@CDub1 wrote:
I’ve been dealing with this issue since November 2019 and haven’t gotten to a resolution yet. My model is 55MU8000.

does a smart phone/tablet using the xfinity stream TV app work when connected to the exact same home wifi?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am also getting error TVAPP-00100. Just bought a Samsung Q60R. Downloaded the app and authorized it on my phone. Phone screen says success but then tv goes to error screen and never gets into steam home screen. Spent 3 hours on phone with Comcast and they have no clue. Super frustrating. We need a solve ASAP

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Is your model number matching the compatible model numbers?
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am in the same boat. Have a brand new Samsung TV. Downloaded the app from the app store and installed. Launched. Put in the code on authorization site and then get the same error code as the rest of you. Can stream just fine on my computers and Note 8. I even looked at app details and found a contact for the developer team at Comcast. Emailed them 4 or 5 days ago and still no reply back.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

My app works.... but only partially. I see some of my DVR content, but not all. For example, I see the latest 7 episodes of The Walking Dead, but not the first 8. Why on earth would you make it only display half of what's on the DVR? I hope you don't plan on making this a paid feature until it actually works correctly. The app also freezes up sometimes which is quite inconvenient.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

The cloud isn’t an exact mirror copy of what’s on your dvr. It shows the LAST 60 hours recorded.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My app on my Samsung worked for a few weeks then just a black screen last night. I went into manage apps and cleaned the memory and cache and works fine now

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same issue. Says must be on home network. Netflix amazon, etc stream fine just not xfinity on my xfinity WiFi.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here