francescaE's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 13th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream TV: createDrmSession. TVAPP-00101

Hi, 

I'm experiencing issues accessing the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku devices. I get prompted with error: createDrmSession. TVAPP-00101. My device is already connected to my home wifi, so I tried re-installing the app, and re-starting my router and modem - no luck.  I did upgrade my modem recently, which is compatible with my internet speed and recommended by Xfinity. Not sure if this has anything to do with the issue? I reached out to customer service, but no reply. Help please. Thanks in advance!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@francescaE wrote:

Hi, 

I'm experiencing issues accessing the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku devices. I get prompted with error: createDrmSession. TVAPP-00101. My device is already connected to my home wifi, so I tried re-installing the app, and re-starting my router and modem - no luck.  I did upgrade my modem recently, which is compatible with my internet speed and recommended by Xfinity. Not sure if this has anything to do with the issue? I reached out to customer service, but no reply. Help please. Thanks in advance!

on a smart phone/tablet run the xfinity my account app, go to internet tab and touch the modem (only one there?). compare the shown serial number to your modem/gateway that you are currently using HFC MAC address. is it identical character by character?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hey @Rustyben! Thanks for the help.

When I access the internet tab on the Xfinity My Account app, it reads "There aren't any devices set up yet." Do you have recommendations on how to proceed?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@francescaE wrote:

Hey @Rustyben! Thanks for the help.

When I access the internet tab on the Xfinity My Account app, it reads "There aren't any devices set up yet." Do you have recommendations on how to proceed?

recently moved? kept old email for new account?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

@Rustyben what do you do if it isn't identical or even close for that matter?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@confused123456 wrote:

@Rustyben what do you do if it isn't identical or even close for that matter?

I do not understand the question, sorry. try calling 800-Comcast and select billing. the agent can review your account details and fix the ability to sign in to the app.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have had the exact same issue and now the problem is solved. I downloaded the Xfinity My Account app and noticed the modem / router stated was the one that I had returned. Whenever I would try to change the credentials myself, I would get a response that it couldn't be done at this time. I did notice that the return was pending for the router / modem that I had sent back. With much persistence I was finally able to talk to a support rep. I explained that the new modem / router was not registered and with that they were able to fix the issue. I had to read them the MAC address from the new unit.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here