Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App on Roku

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity Stream App on Roku

I recently got a Roku.  I was surprised to the see:

--When watching Live TV, you can not pause.  You also cannot rewind.  

--When watching a Recorded show and you Fast Forward, you are unable to see preview of what you are fast forwarding.  

I am wondering when this will be updated?  I noticed that the app is still in Beta...it has been in Beta for a while.

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream App on Roku

I noticed this as well... I'm not understanding why this app is so far behind compared to others. Pausing , FF, Rewind is something everyone else has had for years.... This app is beyond basic and there is no excuse for it

Highlighted
Expert

@dgilvin1 wrote:

I noticed this as well... I'm not understanding why this app is so far behind compared to others. Pausing , FF, Rewind is something everyone else has had for years.... This app is beyond basic and there is no excuse for it

It isn't a set top box with a buffer memory card. like a set top box. easy workaround is hit recocd on the show, then play back the recording while it is progress. you can rewind up to the point of the start of recording and skip forward up to the live point of the on-going show.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@dgilvin1 wrote:

It isn't a set top box with a buffer memory card. like a set top box. easy workaround is hit recocd on the show, then play back the recording while it is progress. you can rewind up to the point of the start of recording and skip forward up to the live point of the on-going show.

I'm aware that it isn't a set top box, your point?

Being a set top box is irrelevant. Sony Vue, YouTube TV, Philo, etc. all have managed to have Pause, FF, Rewind during a live show. All this is and was (Vue) available using a Roku or other device.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with being a set top box, it has to do with the coding of the app.

I'm not going to record a show just to use something that should already be available. Besides you only get 20 hours of DVR.

Face facts and reality, this app is poor and from a company like Comcast it is beyond ridiculous.  Also the fact you don't seem to know what apps are capable of and comparing it to a set top box speaks volumes of your knowledge on this particular subject.

Highlighted
New Poster

Today, 10.13.2000

I just chatted with a live agent and was told they will be out of "Beta" by the end of 2020.  Here's hoping they will resolve the pause and rewind issue!