Dennis25's profile

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

Tuesday, January 28th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Stream App - "Unable to Retrieve Recordings"

Today on my pc (currently on home network), XfinityStream doesn't list *any* of my DVR recordings (all of which were originally set using the home box --which still works fine).

Within a few seconds after clicking "Recordings," I get the message "Unable to Retrieve Recordings," and indeed no recordings are listed.  In smaller font below that it says, "There was a problem retrieving your recordings. Please try again. Apologies for any inconvenience."  Below that is a "Try Again" button, which  *immediately* produces the same messages.

Been trying every so often for four hours, always with the same result.  Never had a problem like this before in years of using the app (I've had occasional issues for *individual recordings*, not "everything.").  Fyi, live streaming still works.

When I try on my iPhone instead, it simply says I have no recordings, and invites me to record something.  So something is definitely wrong.  Have tried both Chrome and Firefox on the pc, same result.

I've tried syncing and rebooting the home DVR, and that didn't change anything.

Any suggestions?  Specifically, ones that WON'T cause me to lose any recordings currently on my home box (I have a pretty high-capacity one).  This is particularly bad timing, because I will be traveling soon and planned to record a good deal to watch on the app.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

@sgtjdc wrote:

As of this morning Feb. 4, 2020 I see that has been fixed. I tried in the the Fire Tablet and in the computer.

Same here, on both my pc and the iPhone app.  Hope it's fixed for everyone, or will be soon.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks much for escalating the issue for me.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same issue. It started yesterday. Happens on laptop and my phone.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I found a workaround. If you go to "For You" instead of "Saved" you will see a list of "Just Recorded". I was able to get to recordings there. This was from a laptop.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem started yesterday on mobile devices.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

i also have the same problem. on x1 box and stream app

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi there. Thank you guys for posting! Sorry to hear about the troubles you're experiencing. I went ahead and sent a database refresh through to each of your accounts. Please log out of the Stream app/website, log back in, reattempt pulling your recordings, and then let me know what the result is. Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

No. It didn't work for me. I logged out of my phone and the laptop, rebooted and logged back in. Nothing changed

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

no change for me, for both the app and website

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

Same here, everything is still as described in my original post.

Fyi, last night I noticed that a new recording stays in Scheduled for about 5 minutes after it has completed, and I can watch it from that section of the app if I start it during that brief window -- obviously NOT a viable workaround (and I don't know if it would have worked away from home, anyway), but I'm mentioning it in case it helps with your diagnosis.

As for emjay3's suggested workaround of watching via the "Just Recorded" section in "For You," I note that I am not currently being offered any "Just Recorded" in "For You," despite having seen that category consistently in the past, and despite having just made numerous recordings on the home box.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am also having this issue and have turned off my phone, restarted it, logged out of the app and I am still not able yo access my recordings.

Per the suggestion of others on here I also tried going under the "For You" to see if I could access them there but I wasn't.

PLEASE fix this issue!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

If it makes any difference I can get the recordings on an ipad. But still not on my phone

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

On the evening of 1-27, we lost the ability to view recordings or control the DVR via phones, tablets and computers. I've reloaded apps, signed off & on, rebooted DVR and modem... all more than once. Hope this isn't a new Xfinity feature 😞

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue on the website and all devices using the app.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here