ks99's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, January 17th, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Hi,

I have a new customer-owned modem and router. The Internet and cable work fine. When I try to launch the The Xfinity Stream app  on my new Roku it gives me the error message: Error createDrmSession.403-102.

I've been on the phone with comcast for hours and reset, reloaded, and redone everything a million times with no luck. From what I have been reading on the forums, many other people have had this issue, as well.  It looks like there is a back-end database issue or something with the modem. Help??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello all,

@cgumpp191 - Thank you for sharing your experience! We greatly appreciate it!

@Orbitzero - My apologies for the delayed reply, I don't get notifications if you don't add @ sign. I'm glad to hear that the issue is resolved, we don't do any changes to customers' account without permission. If you still see your old modem - please private message me your full name and I will remove the old modem from your account. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message

@fastdaddy1025 - Your issue has been escalated to the engineers, my apologies for the wait. 

@ Bombo1 - Thank you for sending me a private message, I will reply back in a second. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

was working fine 2 days ago and now all 3 of my roku TVs are doing the same thing 403-102.

Called customer support and they reprovissioned my modem but nothing resolved this...please help.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am having this same issue Ella. No one can seem to figure this out at Comcast. Can you message me as you seem to know how to fix

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@CCElla:  same problem here.  I installed a basic Roku box a few weeks ago with no problems but returned it for the Premium+.  New one worked for a few days then stopped.  I've reset it to factory fresh.  But Xfinity Stream wouldn't connect to my account, unlike my first Roku.  I uninstalled the Xfinity Stream app and reinstalled it.  Still getting the same error.  Also, I have the standard Xfinity modem.  What's the scoop?   And, why can you not just publish the solution publicly here so everyone knows what to do?  Might make your life easier too!! : )  Thanks for your help.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Rebooted my modem and router then it worked.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @HJA1974, @Proudtobeme44, and @dsmr2,   

Sorry for the experience you are having. After rebooting your modem, if you haven't been able to get rid of this error, please send me a private message. I will need to check the backend of your account and do some troubleshooting to help clear the error. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I just started having the same issue on all three of my Roku devices.  Nothing has changed on my side of things for a long time.  I have my own modem/router which matches the router on my account.  I have had it for almost two years now.  The app was working just fine yesterday morning and just stopped working last night.  I have worked with support and it has been escalated with no resolution.  This makes absolutely no sense.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times, rebooted the modem/routher multipled times and I even renewed my WAN lease on the modem to see if that would do the trick.  

Any help at this point would be much appreciated.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

how did you get it fixed?  Wonderful to pay for something you can't use

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Well.  The "solution" of reprovisioning the X1 modem did absolutely no good.  I am now anxiously awaiting a call from the Senior Technical Support team.  We shall see.  An absolutely maddening problem when the switch to Roku was actually suggested by Comcast!!!  Hope it's fixed by the time @CCElla returns to the office on Sunday.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

For my fix, I bought the latest modem (Recommended) by comcast. Since then, its been working fine. The model I bought was the netgear nighthawk cm1150v. ( Its $250 online.). Although my l
Previous modem was still on the approved list, I spent so much time researching and on the help line, that I had to try a replacement. And it worked.
Good luck.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

In my case it was something wrong with my devices still being provisioned on my old address account. For some reason they could not move my address so they opend a new account for me but had not closed my old account properly. Something that tipped us off to this is my modem was not showing up correctly on the new account, it was online and surfing but it would not allow me to reset form the web tools. I spoke to at least 6 tech support reps before I got a smart lady that knew what was going on...the rest were drones that kept asking to reboot the router and modem 😛

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hi All, 

If you're still seeing this error message on your Roku, please send me a private message with your full name for help. Please attempt to reboot your modem and your Roku, first. If that doesn't work, then there may be a provisioning error we can tackle once we access your account in private message. 

Ken

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

What an absolute disaster.  Advanced Tech Team was supposed to call this morning.  My phone rang with an 800 number, I picked it up and I ended up at the main desk ... like I just called the main 800 number myself.  The person couldn't even see my ticket until I said "Advanced Tech".  Oh, well, that was like magic.  She says ok I see your ticket is still open, they will call you soon ... Bye.  So by 8pm I had time to call.  Passed around to 4 people, still no good.  Modem reprovisioned a 2nd time.  uninstall Xfinity stream, reinstall 2 times.  I'm now scheduled for a level 4 (WOW!!) call for 2:30 my time tomorrow.  Yep, have to leave work and pray they can fix it.  Such a joke.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Miraculously the streaming app just starting working.  Today was day 4 of it being down.  The only thing I did was unplug and keep my modem/router off for about an hour.  After it cycled back up I was able to get the Xfinity streaming app to work.  I am not sure if it was the power down that fixed it or if somebody did something on the back end at the same time.  Either way it is working now.  Good luck everyone trying to fix this issue.  

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

@dsmr2, Sorry for the experience you're having. I was able to confirm my peer @ComcastEllas is in the process of helping resolve your Roku error. @ditimely, thank you for letting us know this has been resolved on your end. There may have been some troubleshooting completed on the backend of your account that fixed this. If you should happen to have any more issues in the future, feel free to contact us. Thank you for being the BEST part of Comcast take care. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here