mike_gt2's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, January 20th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Re: Roku Xfinity Stream Beta app Error createDrmSession.-1

Was there any resolution to this? i spent 5 hours on the phone today to no avail. my Roku generates same error as OP and if i go to stream on my desktop or laptop i can only stream on the go channels. its like the system doesnt recognize that i am at home. this is soooooo annoying. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@mike_gt2 wrote:

Was there any resolution to this? i spent 5 hours on the phone today to no avail. my Roku generates same error as OP and if i go to stream on my desktop or laptop i can only stream on the go channels. its like the system doesnt recognize that i am at home. this is soooooo annoying. 

use your xfinity my account app on a smart device. go to the internet tab, then touch the modem. is there more than one modem listed? does the serial number of the 'only' modem exactly match your gateway's HFC MAC address?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Hi. Yes the mac address does match the serial number. 

This is a message i sent to Xfinity with no response yet:

Hi. One of the users in the thread above said you were able to help them with this issue by resetting their profile or something. Between yesterday and today i have spent over six hours trying to get this fixed. Out of no where i got the "error createDrmSession.-1" message on my Roku 4200x. i called in and the first person who helped me made the issue worse. it then caused issues with steam via browser on both my laptop and desktop where it thought i wasnt home, and on my phone and tablet all the options were gone except purchases and downloads. additionally my modem wasnt showing up on the my account app nor on the xfinity website. some of the issues have been resolved such as the modem and the website issues. those are good now. my remaining issues are the roku, and stream app on tablet and phone. these are 2 of the case numbers ive been issues: CRxxxxx n CRxxxxx. This is a case number from august when i had a very similar issue: CRxxxxx. any assistance would be greatly appreciated as being on the phone so much is driving me nuts. thank you.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@mike_gt2 wrote:

Hi. Yes the mac address does match the serial number. 

This is a message i sent to Xfinity with no response yet:

Hi. One of the users in the thread above said you were able to help them with this issue by resetting their profile or something. Between yesterday and today i have spent over six hours trying to get this fixed. Out of no where i got the "error createDrmSession.-1" message on my Roku 4200x. i called in and the first person who helped me made the issue worse. it then caused issues with steam via browser on both my laptop and desktop where it thought i wasnt home, and on my phone and tablet all the options were gone except purchases and downloads. additionally my modem wasnt showing up on the my account app nor on the xfinity website. some of the issues have been resolved such as the modem and the website issues. those are good now. my remaining issues are the roku, and stream app on tablet and phone. these are 2 of the case numbers ive been issues: CRxxxxx n CRxxxxx. This is a case number from august when i had a very similar issue: CRxxxxx. any assistance would be greatly appreciated as being on the phone so much is driving me nuts. thank you.

I moved your post and replies to a separate thread and have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @mike_gt2 , thanks for reaching out to our Forums! We appreciate you being a Comcast customer and it's upsetting to hear about the error you're receiving when trying to access and view the Xfinity Stream app. I can definitely see how this could be inconvenient and frustrating. I would be more than happy to further look into these tickets and assist you with this. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here