Community Forum

Can't set recordings from stream app

Frequent Visitor

Re: I can no longer record shows remotely

Still doesn't work for me - no record button.  Web or phone.

Expert

@danielczerwonky wrote:

do you have a working DVR set top box installed in your home?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes. Spent over two hours in chat session with comcast customer service, evaluated to tier 3 support and the problem still isn't resolved. I can see recording options button for programs already scheduled to record, but no record button.
Frequent Visitor

What app Xfinity remote? Or stream? I would be surprised if Xfinity remote isn’t working after a deletion and reinstalling of the app especially
Regular Contributor

In my case, the Remote app works and the Steam app does not! The web based streaming also lacks the record feature! Amusingly, when you open the stream portion on the web a popup occurs proclaiming that it now features record capability! Technical giants.
New Poster

The remote app is finally back after almost 2 years and it works great!!!! I really missed it.

Contributor

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

use the Xfinity TV Remote App. set and cancel recordings.
Regular Contributor

Hmm, I can't seem to find the Remote App for Windows 10....
Frequent Visitor

Don't know that there's a windows app. Try going here from your browser: https://www.xfinity.com/stream/foryou

Frequent Visitor

@rk911 wrote:
use the Xfinity TV Remote App. set and cancel recordings.

How about Comcast fix the one that is supposed to work?

Contributor

the Remote TV app IS their solution. it works. I don't understand why you're upset with it.
Frequent Visitor

@rk911 wrote:
the Remote TV app IS their solution. it works. I don't understand why you're upset with it.

I've never used the remote TV app - I have a TV remote and know how to use it.

They ADVERTISE that you can manage your DVR anywhere with the Stream app.  That's what I want to do, and it doesn't work for me.  What's so hard to understand?

Regular Contributor

@shelby1254 wrote:

Don't know that there's a windows app. Try going here from your browser: https://www.xfinity.com/stream/foryou

Sorry! Guess you're immune to my sarcasm. Try reading a few posts above.

Once again:

• Remote App = yes
  • Stream App = absolutely not
  • Stream on the Web = absolutely not
Regular Contributor

@rk911 wrote:

Can you understand this? If I'm at my computer, which is not running Android, I have to use the Xfinity Web Stream. There is currently no recording feature for me. Oh but is on the Remote App. There are quite a few times when I'm not bonded with my phone, especially when I'm trying to work on the computer.

Contributor

suit yourself. the new app allows you to set and cancel recordings but I just took a look at the STREAM app and it appears you can set a recording from there as well. looks as if you can set/cancel recordings and delete recordings.
Frequent Visitor

@rk911 wrote:
suit yourself. the new app allows you to set and cancel recordings but I just took a look at the STREAM app and it appears you can set a recording from there as well. looks as if you can set/cancel recordings and delete recordings.

No, the record option is not visible to me, which is why I contacted support.

Regular Contributor

@rk911 wrote:

I'm sorry, do I have to repeat every single thing between your last remark and this one? Here is some context:

"

Once again:

• Remote App = yes

Only one of the three options is currently working for me and others! It is not a question of whatever floats my boat (or suits me!).

Contributor

"Only one of the three options is currently working for me and others! It is not a question of whatever floats my boat (or suits me!)." whatever.
Frequent Visitor

I finally got around to downloading stream app for my iPhone and it DOES appear to work for me as well, also I went to my computer and clicked on that link provided a few messages ago and also had the option there on my Firefox browser on both my Mac and Windows 10
Official Employee

@plummerl wrote:

@rk911 wrote:

I'm sorry, do I have to repeat every single thing between your last remark and this one? Here is some context:

"

Once again:

• Remote App = yes

Only one of the three options is currently working for me and others! It is not a question of whatever floats my boat (or suits me!).

Apologies. Looks like our team made a few attempts to reach out to you via the phone # and e-mail address we have listed on your account but they were unable to make contact.

Is there a better number where they can reach you? You can send  that info to me via PM (Private Message) or contact the team member at the phone number that they provided.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@danielczerwonky wrote:

Apologies, I will have someone reach out to you so that we can work to get your issue resolved. Thanks for your patience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Remote DVR functionality on Xfinity Stream is now available.....but I want to restrict the ability of a secondary user on my account from being able to do that.  I don't see that function.  Any way that can be done?

Frequent Visitor

Change your password or essentially remove the app from them is the only way, for now.
Contributor

I am able to set a recording for a specific future show by selecting it from the guide but I'm not able to set a manual recording like I would from the TV and TV remote. When I tap the channel icon far to the left it just brings up the current show, on the TV with TV remote it enables a menu to allow setting a manual recording. How can I do that with the stream app?

Contributor

“but I'm not able to set a manual recording like I would from the TV and TV remote. When I tap the channel icon far to the left it just brings up the current show, on the TV with TV remote it enables a menu to allow setting a manual recording. How can I do that with the stream app?”
——-
are you asking how to record the show currently running on a particular channel using the stream app?

assuming i understand the question i just go to the channel guide on the stream app, touch the program name and then ‘record’.

Contributor

Setting a manual recording from the app

So the question is: can you set a "manual"  recording via the Xfinity Stream app.  

Answer, as far as I can determine: No.

Example of what is being called a "manual" recording:

Say I want to record channel 627 from 1pm to 7pm on a particular date.  When I am at home with my X1 remote in-hand, I go to the Guide, then click on the channel name, 627, hit record and the options box appears where I get set the parameters for the recording, i.e., 1pm to 7pm.

However, the Xfinity Stream app does not appear to support this feature.  

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Setting a manual recording from the app

@GeneLa56
It never has

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I’m confused. Until about 2 years ago we could set recordings remotely then we lost that feature due to a lawsuit. About a week ago that functionality was restored and I can set future recordings on any channel for up to about 12 to 14 days. I use it on my iPad and iPhone and it works as it did 2 years ago. I’ve used it several times over the past few days.
Diamond Problem Solver

@GeneLa56 is referring to being able to manually set a recording on a channel for a certain time frame without having to record each time frame individually

Regular Contributor

Sorry, still no comprehension. I can set the recording manually remotely for either on show for for a series of recordings of that show. I guess I don’t understand what he is trying to do. You go to all channels in the stream app, you find the date and time of the show and then you record it. What am I missing?
Diamond Problem Solver

On the X1 boxes you can highlight the channel, press record, and you can choose what day to record and the length of time to record the channel (up to 13 hours), without recording each time frame individually

Frequent Visitor

Manual recording meaning selecting a channel and then setting dvr to begin recording 5pm and to stop recording until 9pm
Frequent Visitor

@orfartenbuehl wrote:
I’m confused. Until about 2 years ago we could set recordings remotely then we lost that feature due to a lawsuit. About a week ago that functionality was restored and I can set future recordings on any channel for up to about 12 to 14 days. I use it on my iPad and iPhone and it works as it did 2 years ago. I’ve used it several times over the past few days.

In my case there is no record button.  If a program is already scheduled I can change it.snip.JPG

Contributor

did you try deleting the streaming app from your device and then re-downloading it?  

Contributor

i thought it might help if you saw a screen shot of the streaming app on my device.  i'm on an iphone 7/ios 12.x.  

8B469400-004F-4FC4-AD8E-E2FD13BCAC7B.png

Frequent Visitor

@rk911 wrote:

i thought it might help if you saw a screen shot of the streaming app on my device.  i'm on an iphone 7/ios 12.x.  

8B469400-004F-4FC4-AD8E-E2FD13BCAC7B.png

unfortunately the image thing isn't working for me - just seeing a construction triange.

Frequent Visitor

@rk911 wrote:

did you try deleting the streaming app from your device and then re-downloading it?  

yes - and I have the same issue from my desktop, so I think it is account driven.

Contributor

try this 

C0413CE3-097C-4553-8910-0C4AB2C09359.png

Frequent Visitor

@rk911 wrote:

try this 

C0413CE3-097C-4553-8910-0C4AB2C09359.png

yeah, mine looks like that but without the record button in the middle.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

are you on apple or android?   i'm outta ideas.  hope you get it solved. 

Frequent Visitor

@rk911 wrote:

are you on apple or android?   i'm outta ideas.  hope you get it solved. 

andriod, but again, the result is the same on a web browser (Chrome).

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Try this. It works for me. From the TV guide, click on the program that you want to record.

Next, click on Episodes button. You should then see a "Record Series" button. You should then be able to see your recording options. I hope that helps.

Regular Contributor

Well, try this. You're talking about a series recording, I (and probably most others) are talking about a single recording! Before, there was a record option along with Info, at the top level.
Frequent Visitor

Your right. That's how mine worked previously. Since the recording option has returned, this is the only way I can set the recording now. I then go to: "Saved"", Scheduled", and click onto the scheduled program. From there I click on "Recording Options", "Modify Recording" and from there I can set it to record individual episodes. It's a major hassle but at least it's an option that works.