Community Forum

Can't set recordings from stream app

Regular Contributor

Re: recording button in guide missing from app and browser page


@annasue wrote:

I have been Comcast customer for over 10 years with 2 accounts - one for business and one for residential. In all, I've bee paying over $200 a month for this timeframe.  I am seriously seeking another way to get my tv programming with one of these devices you attach to your tv.  Does anyone have any suggestions?


Here's how I bailed:

 

1. Switched to a different Internet provider (although I probably could've negotiated Comcast's Internet price to something acceptable). In virtually all regions, you can get Internet from a provider that's not cable TV (AT&T, Verizon, etc.).

 

2. Subscribed to an assortment of streaming services, according to what we like to watch. There are so many now that it's impossible to recommend something that somebody else would like. They include (but not limited to): HBO Go, HBO Now, Youtube, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Sling, Crackle, DirecTV Now, Twitch, Vevo, fubo, CBS All Access, and more. We already had Netflix and Amazon Prime, so we just added some stuff to cover what we want to watch. It's still way less than the typical Comcast package.

 

With virtually all of these services, the content is available on demand, so you don't have or need the remote scheduling feature, which is why they didn't have any risk of infringement on TiVo patents. But if you chose an Internet provider like AT&T or Verizon instead of a streaming service, you could get their TV content package with a box that allows remote scheduling, since they paid TiVo's licensing fees.

 

Having said all that, I'm sure all of you are aware that AT&T, Verizon, and similar providers are not really any better than Comcast in most respects. You'll get the same price creep, the same spotty first-level support, etc. I almost could've lived with Comcast even without the remote scheduling feature, but I felt it was time to exercise my wallet vote. They crossed a line with this one for me. I might be back at some point in the future, but I'm pretty please with my current situation.

Most Valued Poster

Re: recording button in guide missing from app and browser page


@xgrep wrote:

@annasue wrote:

I have been Comcast customer for over 10 years with 2 accounts - one for business and one for residential. In all, I've bee paying over $200 a month for this timeframe.  I am seriously seeking another way to get my tv programming with one of these devices you attach to your tv.  Does anyone have any suggestions?


Here's how I bailed:

 

1. Switched to a different Internet provider (although I probably could've negotiated Comcast's Internet price to something acceptable). In virtually all regions, you can get Internet from a provider that's not cable TV (AT&T, Verizon, etc.).

 

2. Subscribed to an assortment of streaming services, according to what we like to watch. There are so many now that it's impossible to recommend something that somebody else would like. They include (but not limited to): HBO Go, HBO Now, Youtube, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Sling, Crackle, DirecTV Now, Twitch, Vevo, fubo, CBS All Access, and more. We already had Netflix and Amazon Prime, so we just added some stuff to cover what we want to watch. It's still way less than the typical Comcast package.

 

With virtually all of these services, the content is available on demand, so you don't have or need the remote scheduling feature, which is why they didn't have any risk of infringement on TiVo patents. But if you chose an Internet provider like AT&T or Verizon instead of a streaming service, you could get their TV content package with a box that allows remote scheduling, since they paid TiVo's licensing fees.

 

Having said all that, I'm sure all of you are aware that AT&T, Verizon, and similar providers are not really any better than Comcast in most respects. You'll get the same price creep, the same spotty first-level support, etc. I almost could've lived with Comcast even without the remote scheduling feature, but I felt it was time to exercise my wallet vote. They crossed a line with this one for me. I might be back at some point in the future, but I'm pretty please with my current situation.


So....may I ask what the  'normal'  monthly cost will be to you after any promotions. With all you subscribed to it looks like a whopping monthly bill compared to around the $200 most pay Comcast for triple play.  We can barely afford the $200 so just curious BUT  one blessing is that we get Xfinity Voice for free so that eliminates the $100 we were paying to another mobile carrier.

Frequent Visitor

Re: recording button in guide missing from app and browser page

I live in an apartment and Comcast is the only provider i can have. 

Regular Contributor

Re: recording button in guide missing from app and browser page


@annasue wrote:

I live in an apartment and Comcast is the only provider i can have. 


You can't get AT&T U-Verse (combined Internet+TV) or Verizon FiOS (same) or some other "telephone" provider who now also offers TV content packages? You can't get any other Internet? Once you have Internet, you can subscribe to any number of content streaming services. I can't believe that Comcast is the only connection you can get to the outside world.

Regular Contributor

Re: recording button in guide missing from app and browser page


@TerriB wrote:

@xgrep wrote:

@annasue wrote:

I have been Comcast customer for over 10 years with 2 accounts - one for business and one for residential. In all, I've bee paying over $200 a month for this timeframe.  I am seriously seeking another way to get my tv programming with one of these devices you attach to your tv.  Does anyone have any suggestions?


Here's how I bailed:

 

1. Switched to a different Internet provider (although I probably could've negotiated Comcast's Internet price to something acceptable). In virtually all regions, you can get Internet from a provider that's not cable TV (AT&T, Verizon, etc.).

 

2. Subscribed to an assortment of streaming services, according to what we like to watch. There are so many now that it's impossible to recommend something that somebody else would like. They include (but not limited to): HBO Go, HBO Now, Youtube, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Sling, Crackle, DirecTV Now, Twitch, Vevo, fubo, CBS All Access, and more. We already had Netflix and Amazon Prime, so we just added some stuff to cover what we want to watch. It's still way less than the typical Comcast package.

 

With virtually all of these services, the content is available on demand, so you don't have or need the remote scheduling feature, which is why they didn't have any risk of infringement on TiVo patents. But if you chose an Internet provider like AT&T or Verizon instead of a streaming service, you could get their TV content package with a box that allows remote scheduling, since they paid TiVo's licensing fees.

 

Having said all that, I'm sure all of you are aware that AT&T, Verizon, and similar providers are not really any better than Comcast in most respects. You'll get the same price creep, the same spotty first-level support, etc. I almost could've lived with Comcast even without the remote scheduling feature, but I felt it was time to exercise my wallet vote. They crossed a line with this one for me. I might be back at some point in the future, but I'm pretty please with my current situation.


So....may I ask what the  'normal'  monthly cost will be to you after any promotions. With all you subscribed to it looks like a whopping monthly bill compared to around the $200 most pay Comcast for triple play.  We can barely afford the $200 so just curious BUT  one blessing is that we get Xfinity Voice for free so that eliminates the $100 we were paying to another mobile carrier.


Excellent question. First of all, we already were getting Netflix ($10.99/month) and Amazon Prime ($whatever/year). I suspect a lot of folks are like us and already have those. We bounced over to AT&T for Internet and got that for $39.95/month, which I know that I can negotiate and keep that price more or less indefinitely. So that makes our monthly outlay so far $40. Next, we haven't yet settled on what streaming services were going to go with long term. It will probably inclue hulu+ or something, which can go up to $40/month. So, compared with Comcast, we're at $80/month (because we already had, and are keeping, Netflix and Amazon). Our Comcast situation was a bit special, because of a deal that our large condo association had with them, but a normal package of Internet+basic TV would've been around the same total as what we're paying now (I think - $80/month). Then things got complicated - we moved out of the US, and everything is different (and much less expensive) where we are now.

 

Everyone's situation will be different - by a lot. You have to do your homework, and that's what Comcast is counting on.

Most Valued Poster

Re: recording button in guide missing from app and browser page


@xgrep wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@xgrep wrote:

@annasue wrote:

I have been Comcast customer for over 10 years with 2 accounts - one for business and one for residential. In all, I've bee paying over $200 a month for this timeframe.  I am seriously seeking another way to get my tv programming with one of these devices you attach to your tv.  Does anyone have any suggestions?


Here's how I bailed:

 

1. Switched to a different Internet provider (although I probably could've negotiated Comcast's Internet price to something acceptable). In virtually all regions, you can get Internet from a provider that's not cable TV (AT&T, Verizon, etc.).

 

2. Subscribed to an assortment of streaming services, according to what we like to watch. There are so many now that it's impossible to recommend something that somebody else would like. They include (but not limited to): HBO Go, HBO Now, Youtube, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Sling, Crackle, DirecTV Now, Twitch, Vevo, fubo, CBS All Access, and more. We already had Netflix and Amazon Prime, so we just added some stuff to cover what we want to watch. It's still way less than the typical Comcast package.

 

With virtually all of these services, the content is available on demand, so you don't have or need the remote scheduling feature, which is why they didn't have any risk of infringement on TiVo patents. But if you chose an Internet provider like AT&T or Verizon instead of a streaming service, you could get their TV content package with a box that allows remote scheduling, since they paid TiVo's licensing fees.

 

Having said all that, I'm sure all of you are aware that AT&T, Verizon, and similar providers are not really any better than Comcast in most respects. You'll get the same price creep, the same spotty first-level support, etc. I almost could've lived with Comcast even without the remote scheduling feature, but I felt it was time to exercise my wallet vote. They crossed a line with this one for me. I might be back at some point in the future, but I'm pretty please with my current situation.


So....may I ask what the  'normal'  monthly cost will be to you after any promotions. With all you subscribed to it looks like a whopping monthly bill compared to around the $200 most pay Comcast for triple play.  We can barely afford the $200 so just curious BUT  one blessing is that we get Xfinity Voice for free so that eliminates the $100 we were paying to another mobile carrier.


Excellent question. First of all, we already were getting Netflix ($10.99/month) and Amazon Prime ($whatever/year). I suspect a lot of folks are like us and already have those. We bounced over to AT&T for Internet and got that for $39.95/month, which I know that I can negotiate and keep that price more or less indefinitely. So that makes our monthly outlay so far $40. Next, we haven't yet settled on what streaming services were going to go with long term. It will probably inclue hulu+ or something, which can go up to $40/month. So, compared with Comcast, we're at $80/month (because we already had, and are keeping, Netflix and Amazon). Our Comcast situation was a bit special, because of a deal that our large condo association had with them, but a normal package of Internet+basic TV would've been around the same total as what we're paying now (I think - $80/month). Then things got complicated - we moved out of the US, and everything is different (and much less expensive) where we are now.

 

Everyone's situation will be different - by a lot. You have to do your homework, and that's what Comcast is counting on.


Thanks, very interesting and I wish you all the luck in the world on your entertainment journey and your relocation

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

What is the status of this? It has gone on way too long and all of your subscribers are suffering. I can't even set up a recording from my computer when I am at home!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

I'll soon be away from home for four months, during that time, I'll subscribe to Hulu, Netflix, and other streaming services.  If this works out well, bye bye X1 Box!

New Poster

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

Thank you for the explanation. At least now I know why it happened. I'm still annoyed about the loss of the feature, but now I understand that it was not an arbitrary decision.
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

Absolutely correct. It wasn’t arbitrary. It was a well thought out decision by Comcast to throw its customers under the bus so they wouldn’t have to pay royalties to TIVO for the use of its patented technology. FYI, Comcast’s major competitors are paying royalties, so their customers still have the features we lost. They save money and we still pay the same price.
Regular Visitor

Re: Cant set up a recording from app

And Comcast is too cheap to purchase the capability from Tivo

New Poster

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

Interesting. Thank you for the clarification!
New Poster

Re: program dvr from a computer

I am a new Xfinity customer, just about one week in. I suddenly lost use of my cloud recording capability for streaming tv.  After doing some research I found out that Xfinity is being sued by TiVo over cloud recording.  I believe TiVo is the greedy conglomerate that is punishing Xfinity customers, not Xfinity.  So sad! At least we have on demand capabilities. I hope Xfinity has a fix for us.

Expert

Re: program dvr from a computer


@MamaTaz1 wrote:

I am a new Xfinity customer, just about one week in. I suddenly lost use of my cloud recording capability for streaming tv.  After doing some research I found out that Xfinity is being sued by TiVo over cloud recording.  I believe TiVo is the greedy conglomerate that is punishing Xfinity customers, not Xfinity.  So sad! At least we have on demand capabilities. I hope Xfinity has a fix for us.


cloud DVR has the last 60 hours of programming that have been recorded on the home DVR.  completed recordings can be viewed outside the home.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: program dvr from a computer

Thank you for your reply, however, in my part of the country, Houston, in Southeast Texas, we can no longer use the cloud due to a pending legal issue that Xfinity is involved in. You can find info on Google.
New Poster

Re: Manage my DVR

Yes this is definitely annoying as I use a mobile device or my desktop for a good percentage of viewing....but not only did they do away with setting recordings, at one time it worked just like a traditional DVR and you could “pause, rewind, etc” and you can’t do that either. I thought it was under construction as they told me when I called, now again I’m paying a premium price for a not so premium service.
Although I did drop ATT, and got a much better deal with Xfinity Mobile for what it’s worth.
But bottom line, they straight up BS’d me and I’m calling tomorrow. They need to make good on their end as I mentioned this is how I view a lot of my shows/movies as the kids are always on tv’s. Not being able to set a recording on way home from work is a joke. Pretty simple, don’t know who holds a patent on recording on a mobile device, and they didn’t make anyone aware when doing away with that feature and others I mentioned.
New Poster

Re: DVR not showing recording options

Nor does it show “pause, rewind, play, etc” which I swore it used to. For those who use the stream site this is a joke, and probably 75% of my viewing is on a big iMac. Thanks Comcast/Xfinity
Expert

Re: program dvr from a computer


@MamaTaz1 wrote:
Thank you for your reply, however, in my part of the country, Houston, in Southeast Texas, we can no longer use the cloud due to a pending legal issue that Xfinity is involved in. You can find info on Google.

we have an expert that lives in Houston and he has not had any issue so far. would you like to try to access your cloud services? are you an x1 customer?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

Re: DVR not showing recording options


@jerzeyboy730 wrote:
Nor does it show “pause, rewind, play, etc” which I swore it used to. For those who use the stream site this is a joke, and probably 75% of my viewing is on a big iMac. Thanks Comcast/Xfinity

since the topic you are posting in speaks of a DVR you will have the option of 'sliding' the progress bar to a location when playing back a recording, or double clicking on the left or right side of the screen to advance or rewind in time.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Most Valued Poster

Re: program dvr from a computer


@MamaTaz1 wrote:

I am a new Xfinity customer, just about one week in. I suddenly lost use of my cloud recording capability for streaming tv.  After doing some research I found out that Xfinity is being sued by TiVo over cloud recording.  I believe TiVo is the greedy conglomerate that is punishing Xfinity customers, not Xfinity.  So sad! At least we have on demand capabilities. I hope Xfinity has a fix for us.


You may be disappointed using On Demand to view programs. Episodes are not kept  as long for many shows  as they used  to be  and the older ones cost to watch them which is a travesty.

Regular Contributor

Re: program dvr from a computer


You may be disappointed using On Demand to view programs. Episodes are not kept  as long for many shows  as they used  to be  and the older ones cost to watch them which is a travesty.


TerriB is absolutely correct.  For some unknown reason, several weeks of a show we like didn’t record while we were traveling.  When we tried to catch up on demand, we found that the first few episodes of the the current season were free, the lastest few were free, but the ones in between were $2.99 each.  That makes no sense and is apparently common with Comcast on demand.

 

Our services from Comcast are being reduced steadily, with no notice, while the price keeps going up.  I have given up on the possibility of FIOS as they lie and misstate as much as Comcast.  Cutting the cord except for internet is still an option.  I need to get serious about that and do a thorough analysis.  We already have Netflix and Hulu, so we are off to a good start.

Regular Visitor

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app


@orfartenbuehl wrote:
Called Verizon to check them out after receiving a flyer in the mail for s $79.99 offer for a triple play package. Pure con artists. No better than Comcast. After adding in all the features and boxes we have now, the price was about 10% higher than we pay now. In a way, I would rather go back to over the air TV, but we would need a large antenna to get a solid signal where we live and outdoor antennas are verboten.

It is entirely possible that the rules where you live regarding over the air antennas is not legal. The FCC has ruled on this quite a bit over the years. In many cases an HOA or other local government may not be allowed to prohibit you from installing antennas to receive over the air programming or digital broadcast satellite programming, though there are some limits on this. This is not a new thing from the FCC and this page may help you determine whether you are impacted. https://www.fcc.gov/media/over-air-reception-devices-rule

 

I used to work in an area with an HOA that prohibited DBS antenas (and other outside antennas too) and they were less than pleased when they found out they could not prohibit the 1 meter diameter DBS dishes... You will have to carefully evaluate your specific situation to determine if your area falls into an exception that allows for prohibition of exterior antennas. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

HOA allows satellite dishes per federal law. OTA are not allowed if they can be seen from street level.
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app


@orfartenbuehl wrote:
HOA allows satellite dishes per federal law. OTA are not allowed if they can be seen from street level.

That's correct. HOAs can prohibit OTA antennas, but not satellite (at least not DBS - they can prevent you from putting up a 3-meter-diameter C-band antenna). Not sure if there are any rules about coax or fiber, but who doesn't want access to a cable TV content provider?

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

You lie to your customers to get the sale then claim they breached the contract when they cancel right? Thats the way it works right?

EDIT: Just got off phone with AT&T. 1000 mbps fibre will be available at my location in 3 months with NO DATA CAPS as long as you bundle TV and internet!. Right now its available but only at 50mbps. When they "flip the switch" in 3 months to 1000 they will pay my early cancelation fees with Xfinity not going to tell you how! YOU JUST LOST A CUSTOMER XFINITY! I dont like being lied to! I went out and bought 3 ROKU's and another faster modem for your service and was told that i could record from any ROKU's Xfinity streaming app and that the DVR could handle all recordings. I am only 1 week into this scam contract. YOU LOOSE XFINITY! You might get the early cancelation fees (im not paying for) but you loose in the long run. So not only did you loose a internet customer but also a new TV customer as well. Thats $200 a month you will never see again 3 months from now. And when I tell my neighbors in the subdivision about 1000mbps in the neiborhood you will loose them as well. 

New Poster

How to schedule from xfinity stream app a program to record on home Television?

I am wanting to schedule a program to record on our home television that is not a not a TV Go Channel.  Is it possible to schedule from the app a program to record on the home television? 

Expert

Re: How to schedule from xfinity stream app a program to record on home Television?


@kip5 wrote:

I am wanting to schedule a program to record on our home television that is not a not a TV Go Channel.  Is it possible to schedule from the app a program to record on the home television? 


no, not at this time. 


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

False advertising regarding Xfinity Stream App

I am an Xfinity internet but not a CATV customer. A few months ago I took up a promo offer to try Xfinity's streaming TV service which also included a bump in internet speed. From a price perspective it was a good deal for the next 12 months and I don't have a problem with that. However, if Comcast want their streaming service to truly compete with Sling TV and Direct TV Now, they need to do away with the restriction that most channels cannot be viewed when away from your home network. Most of the live TV channels cannot be watch when you are remote, yet I just received this blatantly false email add where they continue to say "Watch live TV anytime, anywhere". If they wan't to capture some of the cord cutters that are jumping ship for streaming TV, this service is certainly not it. ----------------------------------- Get ready for warm weather watching. Take your favorite shows to go with the Xfinity Stream app. Watch live TV anytime, anywhere – and even download your DVR recordings and On Demand purchases to watch offline. Show me how Download the Xfinity Stream app.
New Poster

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

How come Dish customers can do it????
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

'Cause Dish and several other content providers caved in to TiVo and pay to license the patents that are being disputed so that their customers could continue to use the feature (presumably they'll just raise their prices to get the money back, or they'll collect some of the customers that Comcast loses).

 

I saw an article not long ago about Jeff Bezos and a presentation that he made at a shareholders' meeting, where the main thing people came away with was that Amazon does everything reasonably possible to satisfy their customers, even if it costs some money, because they know that they'll get it back in more business (and, mind you, Amazon doesn't have a lot of competition compared with Comcast).

 

Comcast, on the other hand, does everything possible to maximize senior executive compensation, even when that conflicts with customer satisfaction, which it does in this case, but not in all cases.

 

Can you imagine what a powerhouse company Comcast would be if they adopted the Amazon business strategy?

Regular Visitor

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

All other services can set recordings such as dish, direct TV Google play. Should I go on?
Regular Visitor

Re: setting a recording

How do i tape from the xfinity app when away from home
New Poster

Re: Stream Beta and Recording

WELL I FOUND OUT THE ANSWER TO MY OWN QUESTION! IN CASE OTHERS ARE WONDERING! APPARENTLY WHEN THIS SERVICE WAS FIRST BROUGHT OUT, ONE COULD  RECORD IN THE CLOUD FROM THE STREAMING SERVICE, BUT COMCAST HAD TO PULL IT FROM THE SERVICE AS THERE WAS SOME LEGAL ISSUE AS TO THE RIGHTS TO THAT FEATURE! THIS WILL  BE I SUSPECT A GAME CHANGER FOR MANY. IF THIS IS YOUR DEVICE LETS SAY IN YOUR BEDROOM, AND THE DVR BOX IS DOWNSTAIRS IN THE LIVING ROOM, THAT WOULD MEAN THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO GO DOWNSTAIRS( OR IN THE OTHER ROOM) TO RECORD A PARTICULAR SHOW? THATS A REAL PAIN! 

Expert

Re: setting a recording


@JennaCash wrote:
How do i tape from the xfinity app when away from home

you can't someone at home with access to your set top box would have to set the recording


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Re: setting a recording

If they truly lost this “ability” through a court ruling, are they even trying to find a solution (e.g. pay royalties)?  I discovered this degradation of service when I tried to set a recording for the John McCain special at 8:00 tonight.  I was on my porch with my iPad and the Stream and Remote apps.  Yes, the remote for a satellite box was only a few feet away.  However, it was more convenient to use the app to record this show.  This led to my belated discovery of this loss.

 

I regret the 2-year agreement we just signed.  Perhaps DirecTV could have offered us this simple ability.  Heck, I wonder if sorry Centurylink could have offered this.  I wish that I had known this a month ago!    ☹️

New Poster

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

Did Directv & DISH also lose this capability? I have been a customer of both those companies and remote DVR recording was an option offered by both.
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app


@Englishfreak200 wrote:
Did Directv & DISH also lose this capability? I have been a customer of both those companies and remote DVR recording was an option offered by both.

No, according to others here (and you could find out by calling), both are paying TiVo to license the patents so that they can continue to offer the feature.

New Poster

Recording

Why can we not longer set a recording from our computers or laptops.  Very annoying. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Recording

Comcast was found in violation of another company's patent for that feature. See employee ComcastJessie's reply in http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/m-p/3006430#M10834:

 

... Due to a legal ruling, for the foreseeable future we are removing the remote scheduling of DVR recording features. ...
Frequent Visitor

Re: setting a recording

Since you sold everybody on your service by having lots of bells and whistles, especially this one of remotely scheduling recordings, it would seem that YOU would take the bull by the horns and negotiate rights to use for the patent(s) in question.  No different than you negotiating with carriers for their programming.  Without programming, nobody would use your service.  Without remote scheduling, you may find many leaving your service.  As much as our monthly bills are, certainly there is room for payment of rights for this feature.  LOSE 1,2,3,5,10 or so of the 200+ useless channels you are already charging us for.  This is a simple patent infringement/licensing negotiation.  This happens every day in business. To put the "blame" on Tivo, or the "solution" on your customers (Use On Demand) is unacceptable.  Now, if you change your On Demand practices (allow fast forward, allow same day access, etc.) that MAY be an acceptable solution.  However, you just lost a lot of capability, that a LOT of your users have been using, are angry that they no longer can use it, and anarchy is surely on its way.

Frequent Visitor

Re: setting a recording

If DirecTV and Dish both have this capability, since both offer services in my area, I will have to take serious consideration to changing providers.  And they are less expensive.  HMMMMMMMMM!!!!!  I have stayed with Comcast due SPECIFICALLY to the X1 platform.  If you are going to take that away, I will disappear as a consumer.  You have already lost me for internet services (Gig speeds available far LESS than what Comcast "suggests" they want for such service!!!).  You ALMOST lost me as a TV customer, but the X1 platform swayed me to stay.  DirecTV and DISH both have this capability and since I now realize exactly how much I have been using this and it is no longer available, perhaps the X1 platform is no longer for me.

New Poster

Re: setting a recording

I'm going to echo the sentiments of many others I've seen here in their serious dissapointment with Xfinity Comcast discontinuing the ability to record shows remotely via an app or directly from their website.  This was a HUGE reason why I chose Xfinity and to now have this ability taken away is a big problem for me, as I travel a lot. 

 

Here's hoping Comcast can do the right thing by their customers, and work this out - however - paying royalties or whatever needs to be done, or else I along with so many others are going to have to switch to another service.  I'd personally likely go back to DirecTV.  It's really unfortunate.

 

As a matter of fact, I'd encourage everyone to write a letter to Xfinity and make their voices heard somehow.  Tell your friends as well. 

 

Money talks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_9279.jpg
Regular Contributor

Re: setting a recording


@sportsdude wrote:

 

Money talks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Best advice anyone could give. Mine has already spoken. And it walked. Over to other providers of Internet and video content.

 

Personally, while I feel that Comcast is no Amazon in giving priority to its customers, I'd switch back if the opportunity and conditions arose. My experience with Comcast was overall favorable. This particular problem was an important factor for me (not the only one).

 

 <Edited for violating forum guidelines>

Official Employee

Re: program dvr from a computer

All, 

 

Due to a legal ruling, for the foreseeable future, we are removing the remote scheduling of DVR recording features. We apologize for the inconvenience, we are actively pursuing an appeal of the ruling. 

 

If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it's available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize again for the inconvenience.  

New Poster

No longer able to set DVR recordings from Xfinity Stream website

I am no longer able to set DVR recording from the website, since when did this funcitonality get removed?  

Frequent Visitor

Can't set recordings from Stream app

Since your infinitely wise consumer service solution to this problem is to PREVENT anyone from adding their two cents or more, here is a new thread that maybe more comments can be added.  

 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/td-p/3006332

 

Now to my comment that I would have added to ComcastKenF

All, 

 

Due to a legal ruling, for the foreseeable future, we are removing the remote scheduling of DVR recording features. We apologize for the inconvenience, we are actively pursuing an appeal of the ruling. 

 

If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it's available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize again for the inconvenience.  

 

So while you continue to spend money on lawyers, legal proceedings, and court costs - why not just give every X1 user a $2 per month refund until your "appeal" is successful.  If not successful, stop refunding the $2 per user, discount ALL of your legal fees, court costs, and pay for the license from Tivo (just like your now highly regarded competitors DISH and DirecTV have already done)??

New Poster

Re: No longer able to set DVR recordings from Xfinity Stream website

I always set my recordings through the website. Don't apps usually add functionality rather than take it away? I hate trying to find things and set recordings on the tv.

New Poster

Re: No longer able to set DVR recordings from Xfinity Stream website

Agreed.  Given the premium we all pay for Comcast Xfinity service, the expectation is to add / enhance functionality, creating a better user experience.  This is unacceptable.


@Mjrogan wrote:

I always set my recordings through the website. Don't apps usually add functionality rather than take it away? I hate trying to find things and set recordings on the tv.


 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't set recordings from Stream app

why am i not able to reply to certain threads?

New Poster

Scheduling a DVR recording when not at home using Roku?

Please explain how to schedule a DVR recording when not at home using Roku?