almaz7's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 22nd, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Transfer admin right to authorized user to add his name on the bill

I need to transfer admin rights to authorized user in order to have his name on the bill. I tried to do online following these steps: Users->Transfer Admin Rights->Select authorised user->Save. I am getting Unknown Provisioning Service Error.  Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 4.03.42 PM.png

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Getting the same error. Seems Comcast has a bug in their transfering admin rights screen. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello, Have you been successful in contacting xfinity about this? I get the same error. Its really annoying. Xfinity customer service has been no help at all. 

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @angrycustomer28 @almaz7 @Gowiem ,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble. The Transfer Admin Rights enables you to transfer your ownership of the Primary account to any Secondary user on the account (Manager, Member, Viewer). For the name on the bill (and who would be financially responsible for the bill), you would need to have an ownership change. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-ownership-change

Only one name can be on the bill at a time, and that individual is the financially responsible person.

If you are looking to have someone help pay the bills, you can simply go to the Users tab in My Account and invite them as a Manager, and they can use their own Xfinity ID (their email or mobile) to sign in and pay the bill on behalf of you. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @ComcastJonathan, is it possible to change ownership of an Xfinity account without there being a death in the family, etc? I am moving and will become a part of my new apartment's internet services, so I am not interested in Comcast's options to move my exisitng services. Rather, I want to transfer the admin rights of my existing account to another member of the house so they don't have to create a new account. Each time I try to transfer admin rights to the manager on my account, I get "Unknown Provisioning Service Error". Please help me with this issue, as I move out in less than a week and I haven't been able to get much help through Xfinity customer service.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @sjhaque14, to change who is financially on the hook for your Xfinity account, you'll need to fill out the account change request form located here (there's a link to the PDF)

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-ownership-change

and go to an Xfinity Retail store.

Here's the specific text: 
Transfer Account to New Account Holder (Do not use for death of a customer)
• Notarized Consent to Transfer Account Form filled out by current and new account holders.
• Note: Notary not required if both parties are in person at an Xfinity Store with government
issued picture identification (driver’s license, passport, etc).

You can transfer administrative rights on My Account Web either before or after that process, that transfers the non-financial, digital administration to whoever you choose as a secondary who either is already on your account or who you can invite.

I'm following up right now to determine why there's an issue with that functionality in My Account Web. You can click on my profile and message me directly if you'd like to provide more information and I can investigate (please do not provide personal contact information here in this thread, thanks!).

@sjhaque14 wrote:

Hi @ComcastJonathan, is it possible to change ownership of an Xfinity account without there being a death in the family, etc? I am moving and will become a part of my new apartment's internet services, so I am not interested in Comcast's options to move my exisitng services. Rather, I want to transfer the admin rights of my existing account to another member of the house so they don't have to create a new account. Each time I try to transfer admin rights to the manager on my account, I get "Unknown Provisioning Service Error". Please help me with this issue, as I move out in less than a week and I haven't been able to get much help through Xfinity customer service.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here