Community Forum

Removing User Error

Highlighted
New Poster

Removing User Error

I am trying to remove a user from my old account that I had in college. He is unable to make an account because he is linked to this old one. I am the primary user but everytime I try and remove him it says "Looks like something went wrong" then prompts me to reload the page. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Removing User Error

@KG25 wrote:

I am trying to remove a user from my old account that I had in college. He is unable to make an account because he is linked to this old one. I am the primary user but everytime I try and remove him it says "Looks like something went wrong" then prompts me to reload the page. 

Is this "old account" that you had in college still in service or was it cancelled, or did you transfer it to a new address?  If you transferred the account, you have a new account number and you're probably logging in to your old account.  Make sure you're logging into the correct account and look up the primary user id.

To find your Primary user ID, use the Lookup Tool: https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup

Just enter the requested information and you will see a listing of all the user ID's on your account, one of which will be the Primary ID.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!