thelast's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, May 2nd, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

Receiving message that "This phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account" when it is

I am receiving a message that "Receiving message that "This phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account" when I try to establish two-step verification on my account.  However, I know the phone in question is not currently in use on another account, as it is my number.  I was at one time used on another account, but that account has been deleted.  How can I get Xfinity to recognize this is the case?    

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

@jimmor10 please refer to the pinned post on this forum

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Sign-In-and-Account-Management/Top-Identity-Troubleshooting-Steps-Incubation-Thread/td-p/3366881

I tried to update my contact point and it said it was already associated to another account

If your identity is tied to a WiFi On Demand or old account where the contact point is already associated:

1. Invite the profile that has a contact point you can't update
  2. Remove the email
  3. Optionally remove the profile

For Step 2, remove the email from that secondary profile 

My Account --> Users --> [profile in question] --> Edit --> Contact Information / Email --> Remove

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem.  Your solution is not quite clear to me.  Are you saying login using your mobile number as a user ID and then change your passowrd?  Where exactly should the generic place holder be used?  Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

@PG456 @thelast 

It sounds like a lot of folks have their mobile tied to their old (deleted) account and the verified mobile phone number is still associated with it. Could you try the following?

1. Sign out of your current account
  2. Go to www.xfinity.com/password and enter your mobile number, the verification code, and enter a new password. That should get you signed into your old account.
  3. Once you're in, go to My Account --> Users --> and under "Mobile phone number" click "Edit" then "Remove". 
  4. Sign out and sign back into your current account, then attempt to add and verify the mobile number, and let me know if that worked for you.

If you encountered an error and weren't able to go back in your old account, please message me and I can assist you. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastJonathan  - I am also getting the same error message.  I tried forgot password then got a text with code but then it is asking for address. I tried several addresses that I know and no luck getting back to the old account. 

Please help. Tried contacting support via chat and they could not do anything as well.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

We were able to solve it @user123202's issue, feel free to reach out if you're also having this issue.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you @ComcastJonathan for quickly taking care of the issue. You are awesome.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having this issue. Support is trying to help, but not sure of they'll succeeed. Can you help me?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hello the same thing is happening to me and I tried your suggestion and deleted the number on the old account but it is still not letting me add it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My problem too.  Good luck!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having this issue as well. Will not let me verify phone number as it indicates my phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account.  I only have one account.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I can't find an old account that is creating this issue but I can't verify my phone number. there is the error message that "This phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account"

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

@emilyb87 please follow the steps above, and describe what's happening. You should be able to invite the identity using your phone number and remove the contact point from there. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

The issue is I got a new phone number and I’ve been trying to update my account but my new number is connected to someone else’s account.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having this same issue! Would very much appreciate any help.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

@Amarylis1 @bowersmk  please private message me and I'll take a look at your account.

Please provide in your PM your service address, account number, and mobile phone numbers that you need added to your respective accounts.

Thanks

Jonathan

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here