Community Forum

Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue

I recently ordered a service and then realised I made a mistake and chatted with a rep to cancel the order soon afterwards. Now that I know which service I want, I went to Change Plan and I get hit with "Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue."

As reccomended in another question in this forum, I tried to make a new account with the same phone/email but after I put the verification code in I get "This doesn't match our records," even though I put the code in exactly.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue

Hi there @thermostat1 ,

Can you tell me where you are putting in the verification code? Is this through xfinity.com/getstarted?

Thanks!

@thermostat1 wrote:

I recently ordered a service and then realised I made a mistake and chatted with a rep to cancel the order soon afterwards. Now that I know which service I want, I went to Change Plan and I get hit with "Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue."

As reccomended in another question in this forum, I tried to make a new account with the same phone/email but after I put the verification code in I get "This doesn't match our records," even though I put the code in exactly.

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue

This is in https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/create-uid?
I got to this from clicking "Create One" on login.xfinity.com