SortaSour's profile

Contributor

• 

96 Messages

Friday, October 9th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

New Programs not available under Network/ Folders

Hello OnDemand Team.  I'm just checking to see if this is the new protocol for locating TV programs (using Search instead of in the Network folder) .  Currently, there are many many shows that are not being listed under their respective TV/Network/ folders as they consistently have been in the past.  This makes it impossible to discover the new shows that are available, unless one is specifically looking for them.

Here are some that I have noticed:

PBS - Last Tango in Halifax, Flesh and Blood, COBRA

NBC - Transplant

AMC - Soulmates, The Walking Dead

CBS - Star Trek:Discovery

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

4 years ago

Please create native folders for theses shows.

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

4 years ago

I was able to find Episode 1 of "COBRA", but only under "By Title", and not free of charge.  Couldn't find "Flesh And Blood" under "By Netword" or "By Title".

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

4 years ago

As of this morning, the first episodes of "Cobra" and "Flesh And Blood" are on our OnDemand; these are under PBS and are free of charge.  Just the first episodes of both, though, not the second ones (second episodes aired this past Sunday).

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

4 years ago

Jimmy Kimmel Live (ABC) is also no longer listed under the Network folder. C'mon On-demand team why is this happening?

Contributor

• 

96 Messages

4 years ago

Please create folders for the following programs under TV/Network/. 

PBS - The Trouble With Maggie Cole

NBC - Transplant

AMC - Soulmates

Problem Solver

• 

217 Messages

4 years ago

Please create these folders, and add to the list:
       CBS - Manhunt: Deadly Games.

Thank you.

@SortaSour wrote:

Please create folders for the following programs under TV/Network/. 

PBS - The Trouble With Maggie Cole

NBC - Transplant

AMC - Soulmates

Some of these shows previously aired elsewhere (Transplant on CTV, Manhunt: Deadly Games on  Spectrum, Star Trek: Discovery on CBS All Access) which might explain at least part of the problem.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

4 years ago

Also:

ABC - American Housewife (SD)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

612 Messages

4 years ago

Bloody inexcusable support here. Without me immediately available, my 90-ish mom tried to watch the season premiere of The Connors on ABC. (Aired last week.) She struggled, yelled out that Comcast said she had to pay. I said wait 15 minutes while I completed a chore.

Then I got back and tried. Season 3 didn’t appear under The Conners listing under “A-C HD”. Season 2 did, all for fee. She didn’t know the new season was season 3.

So I reminded her it was generally better to go By Network. But under ABC, no entry for The Conners. So as a last resort, I brought it up by going into Search and tediously “typing” via the arrow movements.

She has someone else coming to care for her for a while soon. That person is not TV or cable savvy. For just Comcast TV (HD) she pays about $100 and she relies upon her limited acquired ability to reasonably navigate the Comcast legacy on demand options.

To repeat, it is just inexcusable for Comcast to make legacy On Demand access more difficult for limited-savvy senior citizens who pay hefty amounts of dollars for the service. This topic of missing show entries got raised plenty long ago for Comcast to have fixed it. Shame on you. Seriously any Comcast executive should just be utterly ashamed at such poor service given from this lucrative company.

Contributor

• 

96 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you Forrest.  We miss your voice, but I totally understand why you finally pulled the plug on Comcast/Xfinity.  

Heads up to the VOD team concerning the Sunday PBS programs.  A new show will be airing tonight, November 1, titled 'Roadkill' Episode 1.  Please create a folder for this program under/TV/By Network/PBS/ and load the content for Episode 1 available tomorrow (November 2).  Also airing tonight and hopefully available tomorrow are COBRA, Episode 5, and The Trouble With Maggie Cole, Episode 3.

Still needing native folders are the following:

NBC - Transplant

AMC - Soulmates

AMC - Fear The Walking Dead (a folder exists, but none of the current episodes are listed)

Problem Solver

• 

217 Messages

4 years ago

@ForrestS wrote:

To repeat, it is just inexcusable for Comcast to make legacy On Demand access more difficult for limited-savvy senior citizens who pay hefty amounts of dollars for the service. This topic of missing show entries got raised plenty long ago for Comcast to have fixed it. Shame on you. Seriously any Comcast executive should just be utterly ashamed at such poor service given from this lucrative company.

I agree with you @ForrestS.  I suspect a major problem may be that Comcast no longer reads this forum on a regular basis (based on the lack of any official responses to much of anything).  The problem may be: how can we get them to read these again, and respond to them?  (I am assuming that if they respond they will also generally forward the problem to wherever appropriate.)

I dread the thought of having to go back to calling Comcast on the phone...

"Hello, XXX is missing from On Demand."

"OK, let's try unplugging your cable box and plugging it back in again."

Gold Problem Solver

• 

612 Messages

4 years ago

SortaSour wrote:

"The problem may be: how can we get them to read these again, and respond to them?  (I am assuming that if they respond they will also generally forward the problem to wherever appropriate.)"

I think any disinterested outsider would say something like this:

"look, this is a forum under the xfinity.com website.  It has unpaid administrators nevertheless doing good work on Comcast's behalf.  It is difficult to accept that Comcast and its actual employees should be ignoring valid customer complaints raised here.  This is not a forum external to Comcast/Xfinity, such as a Facebook group."

So maybe this is a sign that Comcast is beginning to give up on traditional non-Internet TV?  If so, that will put my elderly Mom in a dilemma.  

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

4 years ago

But I'll bet they keep charging us for all these services anyway.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

3 years ago

More missing folders:

CBS

Blue Bloods, Season 11

MacGyver, Season 4  (oops, sorry) Season 5

Magnum P.I., Season 3

NBC

Nurses

Contributor

• 

96 Messages

3 years ago

And still no native folders for:

NBC - Transplant

AMC - Soulmates

Contributor

• 

96 Messages

3 years ago

Hellooooo Comcast.  Are you reading any of these?  Lots and lots of not-so-happy customers who are unable to 'find' their favorites programs (mostly brand new).  The networks and their advertisers are losing out.  So are we.

Please add to the 'native folders needed under the appropriate Network' list: 

TV/By Network/CBS/Blue Bloods/Season 11/

Episodes 1101 and 1102 have already aired.  The next episode is scheduled to air this Friday, 12/18.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here