Community Forum

Unable to validate CableCARD

New Poster

Unable to validate CableCARD

I'm trying to validate a CableCARD to use with my HD Homerun Prime. I called the activation hotline because the automatic activation process didn't work. The rep sent the validation code multiple times, but I didn't receive it on my end. The card is activated and has a good OOB lock, but without validation I can't receive any channels. I contacted SiliconDust support, and their review of my logs indicated the correct card is installed and signal is good. According to them, most users need Motorola cards, but since my area requires a Cisco card, the rep might not have been using the proper validation procedure. Is there a rep here willing to try validating my Cisco CableCARD?

CableCARD Status
Card Manufacturer	Technicolor/Cisco
Card Authentication	success
Card Validation	none <---- this needs to be success
3DES encryption	supported
OOB Frequency	74.000 MHz
OOB Lock	1.544 Mbps
Signal Strength	98% (-1.5 dBmV)
Signal Quality	100% (36.4 dB)
Channel List	cablecard-oob

Thanks!

New Poster

Re: Unable to validate CableCARD

After further research, it looks like this might be the key here. The CableCARD ID changed upon activation, meaning the validation codes were probably sent to the wrong ID:

20191127-20:26:21 CableCARD: CableCARD: card id changed from 4a09149b to 4a33ec42
New Poster

Re: Unable to validate CableCARD

I decided to call again since I didn't get a response here. The rep who helped me this time followed the CableCARD activation steps perfectly for my Cisco card. I was on the phone fewer than 10 minutes and now seem to have all my channels on the HDHR Prime 3. I'll mark this solved.