Community Forum

Status code 222

Highlighted
New Poster

Status code 222

I received in the mail a new X1 box and when I went to use it I got a message saying "the video signal has been interrupted" status code 222
Does the box need to be activated?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Status code 222

That’s a DTA not an X1 box, but it needs an initialization/activation.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks,
How do I activate it?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Call in to customer service, or you may be able to do it from my account app

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

moved to non-x1 area of the forum

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for your help however I am unable to speak to a person at comcast or activate on the app. Do you know any way to actually speak to a person or any other method to activate?
Highlighted
Expert

@Mrniceguy1 wrote:
Thanks for your help however I am unable to speak to a person at comcast or activate on the app. Do you know any way to actually speak to a person or any other method to activate?

@CCAndrew  answered you already.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@Mrniceguy1
I escalated it up to an Official Employee, expect a response here. Was this a replacement or a new box altogether?