Can someone please help. For the past year, the coax cable at the wall output overheats to the point of melting. Techs have been out on multiple occasions only to clip off the melted end, attach a new connector, and close out the ticket. This solves the immediate issue of restoring TV service but it does not resolve the cause of what is causing this cable to overheat and melt. A tech is scheduled for tomorrow; however, there has to be a reason why this is happening
You may want to hire a local low voltage electrician to come out and check your home's AC wiring / grounding / distribution system. Many times this turns out to be a bad neutral leg somewhere in the A.C wiring system.
Thank you for your reply. I live in an apartment and they called in an electrician on one of the previous outages. They checked (something) and said it was not an electrical problem. Is there anything is can say-to either the apartment management or the cable tech-that would lead them to further investigate your suggest?
This is a potential FIRE HAZARD that MUST NOT be ignored !!!
Good luck with it !