Closed

how to send a private message

how do i send a private message

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@djdean09 

The sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our Private Message Policy here.

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

4 years ago

Can you please enable my private messaging feature? I had a request to send message of my issue to moderator, but it seems like feature not activated.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@mrhershey wrote:

Can you please enable my private messaging feature? I had a request to send message of my issue to moderator, but it seems like feature not activated.

You should be able to do this yourself.

In the upper right hand corner of the Forum you should see your avatar, which is a black and white image of a person.  If you click on that you should get a drop down. 

Click on My Settings.

Click on the Preferences tab then on Private Messager.

Put a check mark in the box for Turn on Private Messages.

Click on Save.

That should enable your PM's and you should be able to send one.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

How do I send the private message?

I followed the instructions, go to My Settings then click on the Preferences tab then on Private Messager. But I didn't find the Private Messager tag anywhere under the Preferences tab.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you very much for your reply! My private message has been enabled after my first post.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@JG829 wrote:

How do I send the private message?

I followed the instructions, go to My Settings then click on the Preferences tab then on Private Messager. But I didn't find the Private Messager tag anywhere under the Preferences tab.

Generally, you have to POST first before you get access to Private Messaging.   Also, unsolicited Private Messages is against Forum policy, so be careful and respond only to a request for a PM.

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@allenyangcds wrote:

Making a public post so I can DM. Thank you!

The sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

Please do NOT send any of the Official Employees private messages unless they request it. By doing so they are being flooded with PM's and are being bogged down in trying to answer all of them. This keeps them from doing their job effectively here in the forums and defeats the purpose of the forums.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastJoeTru  How do I send you a private message? I read you fixed someones slow internet on the cm1100 by fixing a corupt bootfile. Please help

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Slow-Internet-Extreme-300-Mbps-service-suddenly-slowed-to/td-p/3326484

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@Maz24 wrote:

@ComcastJoeTru  How do I send you a private message? I read you fixed someones slow internet on the cm1100 by fixing a corupt bootfile. Please help

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Slow-Internet-Extreme-300-Mbps-service-suddenly-slowed-to/td-p/3326484

You need to post about your issue in Your Home Network.

The sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

Please do NOT send any of the Official Employees private messages unless they request it. By doing so they are being flooded with PM's and are being bogged down in trying to answer all of them. This keeps them from doing their job effectively here in the forums and defeats the purpose of the forums.

Thanks

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I don't see it.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@Abdul_Abo wrote:

I don't see it.

Please do not send any one a private message unless they ask you to.  It is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy to send unsolicited PM's.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

3 years ago

Can a Moderator please enable my private messaging - I have been invited by an official Comcast employee link to invite to send information on my issue (incl account info) - but my messaging has not been enabled in my settings (that complete tab, as per Joe V posted illustration above, does not even exist to be able to toggle it on) 

Thank you! 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you @Again 

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

Unknown user

Check again to see if your PMs have been enabled.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@1113361 wrote:

@Again wrote:

Unknown user

Check again to see if your PMs have been enabled.

Still no (I have 12 posts already if that was where you were going with that) 

Actually one thought your reply triggered however - why do I have no screen name? (i.e. Unknown User) I can't even see where that would be either? 

Is that related to why PM's aren't enabled? 

I don't know if it's related or not or why you don't have a screen name.  When you signed up for the forum did you input one?

Yes, you should be able to send a PM at t his point, so something else is going on and will need to be looked into.

I have already reported your lack of username, so it may change sometime in the near future.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here