Moses963's profile

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

Tuesday, December 29th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Resolving Moderator disputes

After doing a number of searches I can not find any guidelines for resolving moderator disputes, such as rebutting off-topic decisions, deletion of posts, etc. Seems that a fair hearing process would be in place to prevent abuse. Love to hear how these situations are handled. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@Moses963 

I apologize for the confusion. If a post is moved or removed in the Xfinity forum, our team will leave behind a "placeholder" in the post's place stating why the post was moved or removed. If you believe this to be an error, or would like to formally dispute the removal of a post, you will need to either report the placeholder for abuse (as mentioned above) and state why you believe it was removed in error in your report. If you would like to have a discussion as to why a post may have been moved or removed, you will need to private message one of our Xfinity Forum Administrators directly. Since I am one of those Admins, I am happy to investigate further. 

Feel free to send me a direct message with the title of the post removed and I will provide you with information as to why it was removed and see if there is anything we can do to help to get that post moved back.

We do not want any user to feel as if our moderation efforts do not make sense, so our Forum Administrators are here to help. Additionally, we are always looking for ways to improve these processes. Feel free to share any helpful suggestions on how we improve this process for disputing a moved/removed post. If these ideas make sense for our current team's workflow and the health of the community we will implement them.  

Thank you again for your questions. Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@Moses963 

Thank you for posting your questions, I am happy to help. 

When authoring posts in the Xfinity Forum, we require that all user posts adhere to the Xfinity Forum Guidelines and Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policies. We recommend all users review these articles. Not only will they provide you with the "rules of the road" but it will also give you additional insights as to how our forum operates. 

If you ever have a concern about a post/user you can either report it by following the directions below or if you would like to discuss a post/user please message me directly. I am always happy to investigate and provide additional assistance. 

How to report a post in the Xfinity Forum:

1. Navigate to the post that you would like to report to an Xfinity Forum Administrator
  2. Click the 3 vertical dot symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the post
  3. In the drop-down menu choose the option "Report Inappropriate Content"
  4. In the new page, please provide a full explanation of why the post is being reported and any guidelines/policies that may have been violated in the "Notify Moderator of Inappropriate Content" field
  5. Click the "Notify Moderator" button

*Note*: Any post in the forum can be reported including placeholders of posts that may have been removed. 

I like to remind all users that we have a fantastic group of individuals that moderate this community, however, we are all humans. Sometimes we make mistakes and sometimes things can be subjective. At the end of the day, we strive to make this forum and a friendly, welcoming, and helpful community for all involved. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need any additional Xfinity Forum assistance.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastJessie I very much appreciate the response, however it did not answer my question. I want to know what  the process/mechanism through which a member can discuss actions taken against their posts. It would be helpful if there was a way to find out why, exactly, a post was moved, edited, or deleted. Without such a process it would be too easy for moderators/administrators/employees to remove information, on any pretext, without any recourse to know, understand, and rebut any accusations. "Trust us, we are good" is not the best approach towards moderating a forum. I'm just asking, is there a fair hearing process? Thanks.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you very much. That was an excellent response. I appreciate your attention and I'll be in touch soon. Thanks again.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here