njmaureen's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, July 28th, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

Can I please get unbanned?

I admit it - years ago when X1 rolled out I was very unhappy about it and I complained - so it probably

got me banned from these forums.... But I have changed.....And I even came back from Tivo to X1.....

Can you please unban my ID 'jorgenchr'  from your forum???  

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@njmaureen wrote:

I admit it - years ago when X1 rolled out I was very unhappy about it and I complained - so it probably

got me banned from these forums.... But I have changed.....And I even came back from Tivo to X1.....

Can you please unban my ID 'jorgenchr'  from your forum???  

@njmaureen,

Thank you for posting your question here in the Xfinity Forum. I am happy to answer your question. 

In the Xfinity Forum, there are 2 types of bans. One type of ban, which makes up about 80% of all forum bans, is what we call a "System Ban". A "System Ban" happens automatically if you add your forum email address to our "Do Not Email List". The Xfinity Forum sends out automatic email communications when you receive a reply to your posts, if a thread you are involved with receives a marked "Best Answer", if you receive a new forum badge or rank, etc.. We want to ensure that we are adhering to your request to no longer receive email communications from Comcast so the system will automatically ban the associated forum username. The second type of ban is what is called a "Behavior Ban". A "Behavior Ban" is usually temporary and is caused by multiple violations of our Xfinity Forum Guidelines or the Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy

It does look like for username 'jorgenchr', it has been subject to a "System Ban". This means at some point you requested that the associated comcast.net email address be added to the Comcast "Do Not Email List". If you approve receiving emails from the Xfinity Forum, we can remove this ban and you will once again regain full access to that Xfinity Forum username. 

**Note**: The approval of accepting Xfinity Forum emails does not negate your request to receive any other Comcast email communications; those settings will remain unchanged. 

To manage your Xfinity Forum email notification settings, click your avatar image on any forum page and in the drop-down menu click "My Settings". You will be directed to your Xfinity Forum profile settings, click the "Subscriptions & Notifications" tab, then click the "Notification Settings" sub-tab. Scroll down the page to "Email Notifications" and adjust your settings as you see fit from there (see image below). Don't forget to click "Save" at the bottom of the page to save any changes you may have made. 

My Settings.PNG

I hope we were able to answer your questions. We look forward to hearing about what you would like to do for username 'jorgenchr'. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Silver Problem Solver

• 

11.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hi njmaureen, I would like to look into this for you.  Could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin?

Thank you 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here