Lord_Basil's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, February 2nd, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Monthly Forced Password Resets

Just wondering if I can expect almost monthly (unannounced) password resets from now on? Since I don't use Web mail much, it usually takes me a couple of days to realize it has happened, yet again. Luckily (so far), an important email hasn't been missed. Maybe I should start looking for another service?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

What you are describing is not a routine occurrence.  I would call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for the suggestion, but they could not address the problem. They just gave me a boilerplate solution that didn't address the problem I am having (happened again today).

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Happened again today.

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Lord_Basil wrote:

Happened again today.

Are you sure this is a legitimate email from Comcast?  To tell, see here---------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-verified-email/

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

>So, you're saying you log in to webmail [connect.xfinity.com] and you're getting an email that has that image in it.  Does that email have the red Xf icon when you open it?

Almost. Login to Webmail and the image is presented on the next screen (it is not received via email).

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@Lord_Basil wrote:

Should've been more specific. The image is from the Web browser after logging into my account.

So, you're saying you log in to webmail [connect.xfinity.com] and you're getting an email that has that image in it.  Does that email have the red Xf icon when you open it?

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Should've been more specific. The image is from the Web browser after logging into my account.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@Lord_Basil I can confirm that what you are receiving is indeed from Comcast and is part of our account compromise processing. Its not intended for the resets to be this frequent. Please PM me as much detail about how you access your emails and where you access from on a regular basis so i can start investigating what might be causing this issue to occur so often. 

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Happened again today.

1 Attachment

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@Lord_Basil taking a look into it for you.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Very annoying. 

I called and waited and it still happens weekly. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same issues. For me it's weekly.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here