Anon1375032's profile

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

Thursday, February 27th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

How does it take to receive an email?

I had an email sent to me from a store at 2:56 and it had not yet arrived at my desktop email or on the Xfinity web email by 5:30. 

Is this a normal length of time to wait for an email?  I checked with the person who sent the email, and he checked his information to see that it was indeed sent. 

I have checked spam and the email is not there.

How long should I have to wait?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

4 years ago

I believe I have finally solved the problem.  I was able to run Windows 10 Troubleshooting tasks for Incoming connections and the notice was that some adjustment needed to be made for the firewall.  I did that fix.  In addition, the notice said that "More than one device is performing network address translation (NAT) multiple devices can cause connectivity problems and can prevent other computers and devices on your home network or on the Internet from connectin to your computer.  Multilple NAT devices usually don't prevet you from reaching the Internet."  I have to ask my computer person about this, as I do have several external drives connected. 

I do want to say that I had to spend a lot of time shutting down and starting up to come to this fix.  It just didn't make sense that one day I have no problem, and then the next day I do have a problem.  The equipment is old, but still maintained.  So, hopefully this is fixed the problem, and perhaps others might benefit from my experience.

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

4 years ago

I noticted that there was a query about Comcast blockin an email from someone.  I am expecting an email from Best Buy which was sent at 2:56 to me.  We are in the same time zone. 

I have checked my spam folder and there is nothing.  I had the emal also sent to my husbands' comcast email, and that has also not arrived.

Is it possible that Comcast is blocking this?

Can a Comcast employee help me out, please?

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

4 years ago

I just receive the email I have been waiting for.  It was sent at 2:56 pm and I received it at 9:32 pm.

Is this a normal wait for receiving an email?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Anon1375032 wrote:

I just receive the email I have been waiting for.  It was sent at 2:56 pm and I received it at 9:32 pm.

Is this a normal wait for receiving an email?

There is really no standard period of time for an email to go from sender to recipient.  A lot of things can delay them since they may hit multiple servers along the way.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I too have been getting delayed emails. Like yesterday my one boss sent an email at 2:45pm and it ariived some time over the night. 

And on Friday, I got an email from another boss that they sent at 11:59am wanting me to call them. I got it at 2:59pm. Never good thing to get delayed emails like this. Especially from the bosses. Luckily I'm not in trouble.

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

4 years ago

I guess I am glad that I'm not the only one to have this problem.  At least now I know that there can be a long delay.  I was really worried that something had gone terribly wrong.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@Anon1375032 
@glcjr 

can you both please send me a PM with the details of the emails you are experiencing this issue with? im looking for email addresses(yours and theirs) and times sent.

As mentioned above, there is no standard delivery time/period. Its all dependant on many variables like is the email being sent in batch by an automated system that has a scheduled delivery time, filtration systems on each end of the server, server communications, etc. Once you send me the PM with the details i'll be able to review for more details and see what might be happening. 

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

4 years ago

I would be happy to send you the information, but I have forgotten how to send a private message.

And, then there is the surrent problem I am having which is the very, very slow response with the Internet.  I did the Comcast speed test just now, several times,  at first (5:43 pm EST) it download was 256 and the upload was 2.9.  Then the next few tests were much better, 910, 947, 948.  The upload was 3.9 throught the remaining test.

I gave up waiting for the email to download to my computer as it was just  umbearably slow.  And, now trying to get to my email on the web was also very, very, slow.

So, please let me know how to send the private message.

Lynnea

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@Anon1375032 wrote:

I would be happy to send you the information, but I have forgotten how to send a private message.

And, then there is the surrent problem I am having which is the very, very slow response with the Internet.  I did the Comcast speed test just now, several times,  at first (5:43 pm EST) it download was 256 and the upload was 2.9.  Then the next few tests were much better, 910, 947, 948.  The upload was 3.9 throught the remaining test.

I gave up waiting for the email to download to my computer as it was just  umbearably slow.  And, now trying to get to my email on the web was also very, very, slow.

So, please let me know how to send the private message.

Lynnea

Click on @ComcastCSAEmail's name in their post and then on Send a message on the right side of the profile.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here