blujan's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 29th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Emails Disappear

Why does an email disappear when I simply hover over the content before even getting a chance to read it or if the curser is hovering on the new email but have not yet clicked to open it?

Sometimes I just cannot locate them, others I do when conduct a search with word I know is in the email and then it states it is still in Inbox but doesn't show up. Doesn't go to Trash and I don't see an Archive folder anywhere.

Thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

How are you accessing your email?  Also, do you have the account enabled on any device using POP3?  If so, it may be downloading them and deleting them from the server.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

I've had my personal folder disappear too. I was on the phone with Comcast support once when twenty emails appears all at the same time dated from one to five days prior? Then while she was talking to me five of them disappeared?  The last two times I called I was promised a callback within 48 hours from a  higher tech. That was over a month ago??

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Latoque:     I am not a guru, could you Please explain more exactly what you mean? I've had Comcast for Many years and I've set nothing up any differently than it always has been?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@ubear2 wrote:
Latoque:     I am not a guru, could you Please explain more exactly what you mean? I've had Comcast for Many years and I've set nothing up any differently than it always has been?

Do you use only the webmail interface and your browser?  Or do you have the account enabled in a desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  Is it enabled in the mail app on a mobile device?

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

I just use webmail I believe
(Comcast.net) Yes I also have it included on my cellular phone as long with gmail & them synced together on my phone.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

It does both, sometimes I look at my phone and it might have two emails. I turn my desktop (hard wired) on and there has already been as many as a dozen. I was on the phone with CC Support the one time when 14 emails came in all at the same time. There was 4 that were five days old, some three, two and one. Within minutes & while I'm talking to her four of them vanished and never came back. I don't have them disappear on my phone but I am 15 feet from my modem/router but the emails can't make the trip? CC said it might be my phone (which I bought from them) so I purchased a new Galaxy A-70 from them, Not my phone. What is really weird is when I had Comcast but AT&T for cellular service I didn't have any of this?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@ubear2 wrote:
I just use webmail I believe
(Comcast.net) Yes I also have it included on my cellular phone as long with gmail & them synced together on my phone.

To clarify------do the emails vanish from the webmail, but appear on the phone?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@ubear2 wrote:
It does both, sometimes I look at my phone and it might have two emails. I turn my desktop (hard wired) on and there has already been as many as a dozen. I was on the phone with CC Support the one time when 14 emails came in all at the same time. There was 4 that were five days old, some three, two and one. Within minutes & while I'm talking to her four of them vanished and never came back. I don't have them disappear on my phone but I am 15 feet from my modem/router but the emails can't make the trip? CC said it might be my phone (which I bought from them) so I purchased a new Galaxy A-70 from them, Not my phone. What is really weird is when I had Comcast but AT&T for cellular service I didn't have any of this?

On the phone, are you using only the webmail and a browser, or the mail app that comes with the phone?  If the latter, is the account configured using POP3?  Because if it is, the phone will download the emails and then delete them from the server by default.  That would explain why you can see them on the phone but not on the pc.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here