Joe361's profile

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2019 8:00 AM

Closed

Emails Being Marked as Spam

I have a recurring issue with the Comcast spam filter.  Since about the end of December some legitimate  emails, including emails from Xfinity and my bank, have been directed to the Comcast spam folder and I don't receive them on my phone or my desktop using Outlook.  I've marked them as "not spam" in the Xfinity Connect app and I've tried disabling the spam filter.  Sometimes after being marked as not spam the emails will go to my inbox but after a few minutes they will move back to the spam folder.  I have no filter rules defined.  Nothing seems to help.

1 Attachment

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

5 years ago

@brbrob wrote:

I have 2 domains that are now bening flagged as spam, and they are not. I've spent countless hours on the phone with support, but they are worse than useless because they don't even know how the spam filtering on the Xfinity side works. The only thing worse than the spam filters mistagging emails as spam is the support Comcast forces us to expeerience when trying to resolve spam filtering issues. HELP!!!!!

Did you call the general support number?  If so, you need to call Comcast security.  They are the ones who deal with blocking and spam issues.  Also, you need to keep marking the emails Not Spam when they get to the Spam folder-----------

Gold Problem Solver

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

@brbrob If you meant the DX Club, that should be clear shortly.  If not, please provide the domain and we'll see about getting it sorted out.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the response, I see the  DX Club issue is now resolved.

This one is for status notifications from my vehicle:

Gold Problem Solver

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

@brbrob Can you mark one of those Mopar emails as "Not Spam"?

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

I just ddid so with 3 of them.

Been doing that since October of last year with no change in behavior, so I'm not too confident this will change anything.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

And I just received another one when my car was done charging, and it went to the spam folder.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

@brbrob They marked the ticket as resolved, but with no feedback (abnormal).  Please let me know if they're still going to your spam folder, and if so, please ensure you mark them as Not Spam.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

Per my reply above, they're still going to my spam folder. I've been marking them as not span for many months, it does no good.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

@brbrob Sorry, this morning they responded again with proper feedback (as they normally do) indicating it had been resolved.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

At 6:56am PDT today, I received am email from that domain and it did NOT go to my spam folder.

Thanks for having the perseverance to stick with this until it was resolved. I had a case months ago for the same issue and they said they couldn’t fix it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

In my instance, Comcast erroneously marked my business account as a spammer.  I can receive mail but I can not respond reply or send a new .  There is no error ,  the web portal just says the email was sent but the recipient,  no matter what domain, never gets my email.   I am on ticket # 5.  Comcast security department has isolated the reason , but since this is a residential email address that was converted to a business account then migrated to the cloud solutions,  this madness has disabled my business for 15 days.    Sometimes it is NOT your settings, sometimes it is Comcast's isolation of internal departments and irresponsible internal processes.  Be persistant ,  if YOU didn't change anything , someone else did.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

And now, the NCDXC emails are going to Spam again.  smh

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

I tested this with two different emails that were being spam blocked this morning. They now go through just fine.  I have control of the sending website so I was able to verify this quite quickly.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

This problem has not been resolved. There needs to be a whitelist for permitted email contacts.

However, in lieu of that there is a simple workaround. Put the acceptable email address in the Comcast online Address Book. That will allow it to bypass the spam filter. 

I am a bit surprised that Comcast tech does not have this solution in their database and that it is not in the Spam Filter instructions.  Considering that the code path is there for bypassing the spam filter via the address book, the implementation of a white list should be quite simple. 

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

This also works with GMail's spam filters which is where I learned about this option. I just did a search on how to whitelist in Comcast and found this link. 
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-whitelist-email-addresses-on-comcast/

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here